The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency offers free APR software. This is the same software that examiners from all of the agencies use in their Truth-in-Lending examinations to verify APR calculations and to determine the amount of reimbursement required in various situations. Minor revisions to the software were announced in May 2004.
This two-hour webinar explains how to use the software and includes many examples of verification and reimbursement calculations. The program is especially valuable for compliance officers and auditors.
Upon completion of this program, participants understand:
- The basic disclosure requirements of Regulation Z;
- How to enter information into and to use the APRWIN software to:
- Verify APRs and other Truth in Lending disclosures; and
- Determine the amount of required reimbursement.
Participants receive a detailed manual that serves as a handbook long after the program is completed.PROGRAM CONTENT
This two-hour webinar focuses on:
- Proper entry of information into the APRWIN software;
- When and how to use the special construction loan module;
- When to enter the payment schedule as presented on the note and when it must be modified;
- How to interpret and apply reimbursement results (avoiding over reimbursement);
- The difference between the "full cure" and required regulatory reimbursement; and
- Handling special situations, such as:
- Construction loans;
- Discounted ARMS; and
The program is designed for compliance officers, auditors and anyone in the lending or audit departments that are involved in reviewing and verifying disclosures.
VIEW A 10 MINUTE SAMPLE
(requires Windows Media Player and IE).About the speaker:Jack Holzknecht
Jack Holzknecht is a principal with Pegasus Educational Services, LLC, a training firm headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky. He is an experienced consultant who has provided training to thousands of bankers and examiners for 22 years. He has the ability to identify the key compliance issues from each regulation. Jack's career began in 1976 as a federal bank examiner. He later headed the form and software and education divisions of a regional consulting company. In that capacity he developed loan and deposit form systems and software. He also developed and presented training programs that were delivered to bankers in 43 states. Jack has been an instructor at compliance schools presented by the Georgia, Iowa, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Nebraska, New York and Texas bankers associations. He developed and delivered compliance training for the FDIC and OTS for ten years. He is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager and a member of the National Speakers Association. He is also a "BOL Guru" and frequently answers compliance questions sent to "Bankers' Threads."
- Complete presentation (including slides and audio)
- Written Materials
- Follow-up Q & A
You have the right under this license agreement for this CD-ROM to use this presentation on a single-workstation. Use on a network is in violation of the copyright agreements. CD may be used by multiple users at a given institution but may not be placed on a network or in any other multi-user environment.
This program was recorded in its entirety in September 2006. The CD-ROM includes program slides, materials (if available) and follow-up Q & A document.
This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 12 October, 2004.