The following articles are featured in the Compliance section
- Provisional Credit for Closed Account (Reg E)
- Reg Z Escrow for Separate Tracts of Land
- Remove Name of Deceased from CD w/o Penalty?
- Mass Mailing CD to Increase Early Withdrawal Penalty
- Instructions for Expiration of W8BEN
- Are Savings Accts Governed Under Reg CC?
- Rules/Guidelines on Internal Auditor Independence
- New Paper Work If Re-Open Charged Off Account?
offers the most effective and advanced technology to consolidate your Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorist Financing, and Anti-Fraud effort through a centralized case management platform with the highest efficiency? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
to see how easy you can manage your regulatory compliance and risk management resources with optimal efficiency while removing duplicate effort.
as a BSA/AML Compliance Officer, you have the ability to detect and stop a Ponzi Scheme from being perpetrated using your institution as a conduit? Learn what you should look for and what constitutes a Ponzi Scheme! Join us on Thursday, February 21 at 2:00 p.m. EST
for a complementary 25-minute webinar. Register here
The following articles are featured in the Lending section
- Definition of Prepaid Finance Charges
- Can Interest Rate Be Below Actual Floor?
- Mortgage Closing Docs Need to Contain Loan#?
- HUD-1 Purchase Money Mortgage Transaction
- Practice of Reflecting Negative Discount Points
- HMDA Refi-New Obligation to Same Borrower
- Skip-A-Payment Program on Home Improvement
- Reg Z Modification Agreement on HELOC
you can make it easier for borrowers to obtain flood insurance when mandatory purchase requirements apply? National Direct Flood Insurance (NDFI) is a publicly-accessible, online service for lending institutions and their customers to obtain FREE NFIP quotes and purchase policies - and the service is offered at NO COST to lender or borrower! CLICK HERE
today to request information about how you can put NDFI to work for you.
The following articles are featured in the Operations section
- Cashier's Check Subject to Garnishment?
- Allowed to Put IRA Into MMDA Account?
- Can Partnership Have A NOW Account?
- IRA's Beneficiary Deceased & No Contingencies
- Give Balance to A Convenience Signer?
- Change of Terms Notice Required if Positive Change
- Docs to Support A Sole Member LLC to Use SSN#
- New Successor Trustees Apply for EIN# (Trust)?
- Amended Articles Required if Sell Some of Co?
recent actions in Washington have increased your Fair Lending Risk? Regulators, with DOJ and CFPB support, have made Fair Lending, CRA, and HMDA a Top Priority in 2013. The best defense is Fair Lending Loan Analysis, CRA Analysis,
and Fair Lending Risk Assessments
. TRUPOINT Partners can reduce Fair Lending Risk and help you manage the pressure. CLICK HERE
to request more information today.
The following articles are featured in the Security section
- Workplace Violence Frequency
- Security Policy for Separate Mortgage Division
the CFPB is suggesting special appraisal requirements for "higher risk mortgages", as recommended by Dodd-Frank? What about all the appraisal independence requirements in Dodd-Frank? Get all the information about appraisal compliance and Dodd-Frank's requirements in this free article
published in Mortgage Banking Magazine.
that Scout users are so confident in their preparation that they give examiners access to their data before their exam starts? If you are prepared, there is no reason not to show it off. Click here
to find out how rock star banks manage risk and compliance with the best tools.
The following articles are featured in the Marketing section
- Non-Insured Products Flyer In New Accts Folders
encompasses 40+ global watch lists and PEP lists? Bridger Insight XG leverages world-class matching technology to drive quick resolution of watch list compliance requirements. Learn how to simplify the management of government regulations and reduce compliance costs.
for a FREE 30-day trial
of LexisNexis Bridger Insight XG.
Read the Current Edition of Tech Talk
according to a recent article in Forbes, the Justice Department is no longer focusing on the criminal violations that result in money laundering, but instead looking at financial institutions for weaknesses in their internal controls and procedures. Find out exactly what examiners are looking for and how you can ease your worries in the latest post on the new BSA/AML blog at www.bsagenie.com
Did a colleague forward this page to you?
Click here to register
Are you looking for help from other bankers?
Check out the
Can a customer direct deposit a tax refund into another person's account?
I just found that we have an account, held by an elderly lady, that has multiple tax refund checks being direct deposited. The checks are for her daughters, their boyfriends, etc. The lady is then giving these individuals checks to bring to the bank to cash, so they can get their money. The other individuals are NOT on the DDA account. They do not have an account here at all. Is there any way we can stop the checks being direct deposited into this account? Is there any way we can refuse to give them the cash? Are we responsible for reporting this? SAR?
Read and weigh in with some helpful information or comments on Tax Refunds in the General Discussion Forum.
and receive this timely briefing each week in your email inbox.
|Support the vendors who support BOL!
Through their advertising and sponsorships on BOL and BOL Vendor Connect, companies offering banking products and services help to make this site possible. When you're looking for a supplier, give your business to companies who support BankersOnline.com. Find them now in our Sponsors or BOL Vendor Connect.