mobile banking--where to start?

Posted By: JWills, CRCM

mobile banking--where to start? - 05/28/14 03:57 PM

This morning I was informed that our bank will be using mobile banking in the future. Where is a good reference place I can check to see what all we would need to do?

Thank you.

Re: mobile banking--where to start? - 05/29/14 01:46 PM

I have looked through Reg E in regards to this, but have not found anything specific. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you!
Posted By: Beachbum, CRCM

Re: mobile banking--where to start? - 05/29/14 01:52 PM

I would start with information from your mobile banking service provider, unless you are referring to risk assessment or compliance. for those topics, I would refer you to the FFIEC site for e-banking.

Re: mobile banking--where to start? - 05/29/14 01:54 PM

Thank you beachbum. I appreciate the help.
Posted By: Beachbum, CRCM

Re: mobile banking--where to start? - 05/29/14 02:06 PM

there are some good threads on this topic and a lot of information on the web. before diving into the topic ask the question: "will this product be a mobile application or accessing online banking via a mobile browser?
How you proceed will depend on the answer.
Posted By: RR Jen

Re: mobile banking--where to start? - 06/04/14 07:29 PM

We rolled out mobile banking last year and mobile deposit this year. We made sure to do a thorough risk assessment and a lot of testing. We have solid written procedures and added A LOT to the basic t&c that our provider gave. Be sure to test, some things didn't work the way they said it did. Also make sure any umbrella T&C (online banking) align with the new ones.

Re: mobile banking--where to start? - 06/04/14 07:40 PM

Thanks for the info. Defintely going to have to do some research!
Posted By: RR Jen

Re: mobile banking--where to start? - 06/04/14 07:48 PM

I do remember a webinar we watched that said Reg E did NOT apply because it was a check...but I cannot find my notes to reference. I remember a pretty intense conversation about that.

Re: mobile banking--where to start? - 06/04/14 07:52 PM

Thank you.
Posted By: *W*W*

Re: mobile banking--where to start? - 06/06/14 07:37 PM

Not sure who is your regulator, but the FDIC Supervisory Insights Vol 8 Issue 2 Winter 2011 should help.
FDIC Doc Go to the link "Mobile Banking Rewards and Risks"

BOL Thread

This thread discusses which Regs apply to the deposited items. It's based on your processor.
• ACH transaction – Covered by Reg. E and NACHA
• IRD – Covered by Check 21, Reg. CC and UCC Article 3
• Image – Determined by contract or, if there are no contract provisions, then UCC Article 3.

Re: mobile banking--where to start? - 06/06/14 08:20 PM

Thank you *W*W*!
Posted By: GoGreen

Re: mobile banking--where to start? - 06/10/14 01:06 PM

Do get a good vendor for the mobile deposit as it helps with all requirements. Pleae send a private email as I will state who we chose as a vendor and why.
Posted By: Banker Kathy

Re: mobile banking--where to start? - 06/13/14 02:00 PM

RR Jen would you be willing to share your procedures for Mobile Banking. We are preparing to add remote deposit to our Mobile Banking.
Thanks!