CTR question

Posted By: BankerKB

CTR question - 06/23/05 03:34 PM

I have a basic CTR question I am blanking on. If you have a customer who cashed a check for over 10,000 do you have to check item #34 deposit/withdrawal or not. I know I fill out all of Section A, check item e for conducted on own behalf, and check item #32 negotiable item cashed and item #27 is filled in with the dollar amount. Thanks!!!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: CTR question - 06/23/05 04:45 PM

See this thread

http://www.bankersonline.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/375983/an/0/page/3#375983
Posted By: BankerKB

Re: CTR question - 06/23/05 04:51 PM

I see that I don't need to check line #34 in this instance. I have another question. Do I need to list an account number affected since this was a bank check cashed against the bank and no account number. Can I leave it blank??

Re: CTR question - 06/23/05 05:09 PM

You would list the account number if it affected an account at your financial institution
Posted By: GuitarDude

Re: CTR question - 06/23/05 06:40 PM

If a customer withdraws from his/her own account either by w/d slip or on-us check, you would list the account number. If the person is merely cashing an on-us check someone else issued or a Cashier's Check, M/O, etc., then no account number is listed.
Posted By: devsfan

Re: CTR question - 06/23/05 09:00 PM

GuitarDude, Are you sure that your answer is correct? If a person cashes an on-us check, why would we not indicate the account number of the maker on the CTR?
Posted By: Dottie

Re: CTR question - 06/23/05 09:25 PM

I agree with the no account number for cashier's check or money order, but I believe that you do list the account number for a check cashed on an on-us customer.

Re: CTR question - 06/25/05 06:14 PM

If the account number affected by the transaction is at your bank, you must list the number. If someone is conducting an investigation, they will send a subpoena and they will need the account number.
Posted By: David Dickinson

Re: CTR question - 06/27/05 04:08 PM

Quote:

If the account number affected by the transaction is at your bank, you must list the number. If someone is conducting an investigation, they will send a subpoena and they will need the account number.

This is correct.