Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#165003 - 02/27/04 08:17 PM New MasterCard Requirements
Jasmine Offline
100 Club
Jasmine
Massachusetts
I know about the dates for compliance with the requrement to print the word DEBIT on the cards, but I can't find any information on the literature that goes out with the cards, such as the card mailer. I know you have to change the language "card can be used anywhere you see the MasterCard logo" but I do not know what the deadline is. Any help would be appreciated.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#165004 - 02/27/04 08:42 PM Re: New MasterCard Requirements
Anonymous
Unregistered

Any of this help?: (FAQs from their password protected site)

Will members have to reissue all of their debit cards?

Yes, to the extent that they fall under the definition of "debit" defined above, but we expect such reissuance to generally occur over the normal reissuance cycle. Specifically, by 1 July, 2005, all U.S. members will be required to demonstrate 80% compliance with the debit identifier requirement (either the Debit Hologram or transitional option - see "Card Design" for details) for new and reissued Debit MasterCard cards. By 1 January, 2007, all U.S. members must certify that 100% of outstanding debit cards bear the Debit Hologram.

Can issuers continue to say in marketing materials that Debit MasterCard is accepted everywhere you see the MasterCard logo?

No. After 1 January, 2004, issuers should no longer use catch-all statements communicating universal acceptance (e.g., "Accepted everywhere you see the MasterCard logo"). We have developed suggested language for all MasterCard issuers to use when creating new marketing materials. (See "Acceptance and Usage Language" for recommendations.)

Return to Top
#165005 - 03/01/04 03:23 PM Re: New MasterCard Requirements
Jasmine Offline
100 Club
Jasmine
Massachusetts
Yes that helps, Thanks!!!

Return to Top