Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#1757615 - 11/13/12 08:59 PM GAP Title Insurance on GFE/HUD
compliancemap Offline
Hello,

I have searched thoroughly on the site and I couldn't come up with my answer for this. We are beginning to require gap title insurance at our bank for fixed rate 1st lien mortgage loans. Would this be listed as part of the lenders title work on the GFE and HUD? AKA Block 4 and line 1104? We are requiring it, but I guess I don't know if that means that it is classified as lenders title work or part of the owners.

I greatly appreciate any input. I feel new at this every day!

Return to Top
General Discussion
#1757628 - 11/13/12 09:14 PM Re: GAP Title Insurance on GFE/HUD compliancemap
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Sorry, but what is GAP title insurance?

Return to Top
#1757642 - 11/13/12 09:28 PM Re: GAP Title Insurance on GFE/HUD compliancemap
compliancemap Offline
Perhaps better stated as a GAP Endorsement, it is "endorsement gives coverage against intervening adverse matters affecting title which are recorded or filed
between the date of commitment and the recording of the documents." taken from Chicago Title Website http://www.chicagotitle.com/pdfs/legalform/stateendorse/wgap.pdf

So, its the extra fee for the gap endorsement that covers the time period between your title commitment and when the mortgage is filed. THX

Return to Top
#1757709 - 11/14/12 07:49 AM Re: GAP Title Insurance on GFE/HUD compliancemap
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Sounds like it is only related to the lender's title policy so the charge for this and any other endorsements required by the lender would be part of the title services charge.

Return to Top