Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1533106 - 04/07/11 09:54 PM iPad usage
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
WE purchased some iPads to use at board meetings - instead of printing these HUGE board packages, just download and view.

Now that we have them, we're trying to determine other uses, so that we can then set up the appropriate security solutions.

Anyone have iPads at your bank, and for what purposes are they being used?

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1533130 - 04/07/11 11:23 PM Re: iPad usage RBanker
Marnie Offline
Gold Star
Nevada
Am curious--are these then assigned to each board member since you eliminated paper copies? Am very curious how you set this up. Plus, what steps did you take to show effectiveness and efficiency to mitigate cost? Love the idea!

Return to Top
#1533180 - 04/08/11 01:13 PM Re: iPad usage Marnie
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
We did not give one to each board member - we have a couple who don't even have e-mail, getting them to use an iPad would be miraculous. (Which works out, since you have to have a hard copy of examiners anyway.)

However, we're a de novo, so our Chief Lending Officer was preparing 12 board packets every month - the material cost and his time cost made going to the iPads extremely easy to cost quantify and justify.

We're looking at assigning a generic board signon which would get them to the library only, where all of the board reports will be filed.

Return to Top
#1534352 - 04/12/11 03:41 PM Re: iPad usage RBanker
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
One simple use is to play advertisements on a slideshow in the lobby. They can be placed out of reach of customers for security and will be an attention getter, sitting on a stand or even mounted in a wall frame.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#1535301 - 04/13/11 09:15 PM Re: iPad usage RBanker
Russ Horn Offline
100 Club
Russ Horn
Here is an article written for the Colorado Banker about iPads...

Friend or Foe? iPads in a Banking World

Hope this helps some...

Thanks,
Russ

Return to Top
#1539933 - 04/22/11 09:23 PM Re: iPad usage Russ Horn
VMack Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
Our IT Department has one with a keyboard that I recently checked out to take to a conference. I was able to access the presentation materials online (kudos for being green :))and access my email through our webmail address. It was compact, light and easy to travel with.

“The wise know their limitations; the foolish do not.”
Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z