Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#1962751 - 09/18/14 12:15 PM New Attitude
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I decided after getting uber stressed out yesterday that today - I will have a new attitude. I had a good night's sleep (which has been a long time coming) and so far (currently 7:12 a.m.) it's working.

Anybody want to join me?

Return to Top
#1962752 - 09/18/14 12:20 PM Re: New Attitude Skittles
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
no I would not function without the excessive and useless stress. eek laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#1962764 - 09/18/14 01:12 PM Re: New Attitude Skittles
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
I had an attitude change half a decade ago. Instead of being the cop for the bank, I decided that my new position was to be an advisor (same title, pay, dest - just an attitude change). I would advise management to the best of my abilities of the regulations, consequences, etc, and appropriately to the Board. Of course I would assist with the implementation and take the lead as directed, and document everything. I came to the realization that they were ultimately going to make the decisions and it was not my job to second guess them.

An informed management ended up making the decisions. If their decision was contrary to mine, it was documented. So far it's worked-out great.

Return to Top
#1962766 - 09/18/14 01:16 PM Re: New Attitude Skittles
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
I'm trying to have a good attitude today. Hopefully it will work.....I have a band booster meeting tonight where I've heard that some of the booster parents want to crucify me for increasing prices at the concession stand. God forbid I sell a cheeseburger and make a profit for our band. crazy

Return to Top
#1962786 - 09/18/14 01:50 PM Re: New Attitude Skittles
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
I think i had a major attitude shift when i changed jobs/careers into the one i have now. I now prepare as well as i can, try my best to stay on top of shifting regs, etc. but i'm just not afraid to make a decision (not that i was 'afraid' to make a decision before, but i'm even less so now). I know that at the end of the day, my bank has to do 'something' in regards to the shifting tides of compliance, and if i don't make a call, we won't do 'anything'.....so i figure it out as well as i can (with the help of folks on BOL), then i rest well.

Return to Top
#1962789 - 09/18/14 01:54 PM Re: New Attitude Skittles
Soccer Offline
Diamond Poster
Utopia
I try this just about every Monday, and by Thursday I have to have a talk with myself to get through the rest of the week. I like Rocky P.'s solution and am going to try that. I just told my neighbor this morning as I was getting my paper that I can not wait to be retired like her smile
Dani..been there done that with the youth organizations, what you have to remember is that no matter what you do there will always be some people that will not be happy. I ran a girls youth softball league for 4 years and I made some great friends and also some enemies. In the end I left the group in a much better place than when it was given to me and I always made the decision that was best for the children. Hang in there, there aren't many parents like you willing to do the work anymore.

Return to Top
#1962791 - 09/18/14 02:00 PM Re: New Attitude Skittles
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
"...no matter what you do there will always be some people that will not be happy."

sprinkle liberally with

"not my circus...not my monkeys"

and you've got my mantra.

smile

Return to Top
#1962799 - 09/18/14 02:05 PM Re: New Attitude Skittles
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
Thanks Soccer and Truff! The complaints are primarily from a married couple who want to make all the decisions but do none of the work. They think they are qualified because they were going to start a vending business just as the husband got a great job offer with a car company. Last week they tried to tell me how to organize my stand and how to make tea.....um, even if I had never made tea in all my 36 years on this earth, I'm pretty sure I can read the instructions on the box-it's not rocket science!

Return to Top
#1962810 - 09/18/14 02:24 PM Re: New Attitude Skittles
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
My attitude has really flipped in the last 2 years. I used to be very abrupt, tense and stressed out. I would worry about "what could" happen all of the time.

Now I'm much more laid back (yes, I lose my temper at times) and less stressed. I try to live in the day and not worry about the past or future.

Return to Top
#1962816 - 09/18/14 02:35 PM Re: New Attitude Skittles
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
I too try the good attitude mantra on Mondays...but by Thursday (of Board week) I'm more like:

You know it was a good day if you didn't hit or bite anyone.

You know it's been a good day when I didn't have to unleash the flying monkeys.

Return to Top
#1962823 - 09/18/14 02:47 PM Re: New Attitude Skittles
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
and don't forget:

Some days the best thing about my job is that the chair spins.

Return to Top
#1962824 - 09/18/14 02:48 PM Re: New Attitude Skittles
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Ah yes...that's a good one.

Return to Top
#1962826 - 09/18/14 02:53 PM Re: New Attitude Dani York, CRCM
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted By: Dani York, CRCM
I have a band booster meeting tonight where I've heard that some of the booster parents want to crucify me

tell them to blow it out their spitvalves!
Last edited by HappyGilmore; 09/18/14 02:54 PM.

Return to Top
#1962830 - 09/18/14 03:08 PM Re: New Attitude Rocky P
Norman Paperman Offline
Diamond Poster
Norman Paperman
48.934476, -114.343735
Originally Posted By: Rocky P
I had an attitude change half a decade ago. Instead of being the cop for the bank, I decided that my new position was to be an advisor (same title, pay, dest - just an attitude change). I would advise management to the best of my abilities of the regulations, consequences, etc, and appropriately to the Board. Of course I would assist with the implementation and take the lead as directed, and document everything. I came to the realization that they were ultimately going to make the decisions and it was not my job to second guess them.

An informed management ended up making the decisions. If their decision was contrary to mine, it was documented. So far it's worked-out great.

^^^^Like

CRCM

Return to Top
#1962834 - 09/18/14 03:24 PM Re: New Attitude Skittles
ahkcompliance Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Great advice from everyone. The last few weeks I've been feeling really stressed about some little things I have been fining and trying to find time to increase monitoring.

In the end, I know I can look at everything possible. I just need to focus on what I need to review and if time allows for extra, great, if not, it will still be there.

Return to Top
#1962839 - 09/18/14 03:27 PM Re: New Attitude Skittles
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
As of 5 weeks ago, I am at a new to me bank and it is wonderful! The stress level at my previous bank was so overwhelming and I didn't realize it until after the fact. This has been a blessing that I didn't know I needed! My attitude is much better after making this switch.

Plus, I can't be too crabby today...my husband and I are surprising our 3 kids and taking them to dinner and a Trace Adkins concert tonight!! When my husband and I got married last year, he danced with his daughters to a Trace Adkins song and ever since then, they've loved his music so it'll be a fun surprise tonight! And we all enjoy country music so my son will have a blast too! smile

Return to Top
#1962841 - 09/18/14 03:32 PM Re: New Attitude Skittles
Sunshine Lady Offline
Platinum Poster
Sunshine Lady
I am normally a positive person, so no matter what happens, I try to see the upside (does not always work)because we all have things at work and at home that we cannot control. I do my best not to be a negative person. Since things are always changing in the banking world, I have learned to just roll with the ball and do my best and document finding and suggestions.

Return to Top
#1962846 - 09/18/14 03:37 PM Re: New Attitude Skittles
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
My dad always says (an event) is a success if nobody falls down or throws up. I think that is a good way to look at Board meetings, Booster Club meetings, etc! grin

(And tonight I am presenting the Audit Committee report to the Choir Booster Club. Should be interesting considering their attitude has been 'controls? we don't need no stinking controls!'. New sheriff in town, baby!)

Return to Top
#1962856 - 09/18/14 03:56 PM Re: New Attitude Skittles
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
you control your attitude, no one else does. you can choose to allow others to impact your attitude, or not. stress is self-imposed.

I always have a positive outlook, but to varying degrees.

some days, i'm positive i love my job. other days, i'm positive i work with fools. either way, i maintain the positive.

Return to Top
#1962868 - 09/18/14 04:14 PM Re: New Attitude Skittles
JWills, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
JWills, CRCM
The Mitten State
I used to stress because there was always so much to be done, but I have come to the conclusion that I am only one person (and a one person compliance department) and what gets done, gets done. If they don't like it they can get me some help! And besides the fact, if I don't get it done today, believe me, it will still be waiting tomorrow. I used to worry about things that had no bearing on me or my job--what a waste of time that was. Now if it doesn't affect me, I don't care if they jump off a cliff! A couple of folks at my shop work late (several hours past closing time), but I want to enjoy my life, it is far too short. There will always be compliance, but time with my family and granddaughter may not be.

--Dr. Seuss

Return to Top
#1962878 - 09/18/14 04:28 PM Re: New Attitude Skittles
Sunshine Lady Offline
Platinum Poster
Sunshine Lady
Well said JWills (smile)- I cannot figure out how to use the emotion icons yet.

Return to Top
#1962887 - 09/18/14 04:54 PM Re: New Attitude Sunshine Lady
JWills, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
JWills, CRCM
The Mitten State
Originally Posted By: Sun Shine Lady
Well said JWills (smile)- I cannot figure out how to use the emotion icons yet.

I have issues with the emoticons too!

--Dr. Seuss

Return to Top
#1962890 - 09/18/14 05:06 PM Re: New Attitude Skittles
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Two choices:

If you want to use the quick reply screen, you'll have to memorize what punctuation marks = which emoticon. ex: colon + right paren = smile

OR

either hit reply or the switch to full reply screen, click on the smiley on left of bar and then click on the emoticon you want. laugh

Return to Top
#1962909 - 09/18/14 05:38 PM Re: New Attitude Truffle Royale
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
Originally Posted By: Truffle Royale
"...no matter what you do there will always be some people that will not be happy."

sprinkle liberally with

"not my circus...not my monkees"

and you've got my mantra.

smile

::struts around))

That's right...I'm my own Monkee. laugh

Return to Top
#1962911 - 09/18/14 05:40 PM Re: New Attitude Skittles
HDavidson Offline
where the green grass shows
Thanks Truffle smile

Return to Top