Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1326583 - 01/19/10 06:12 PM Changing branch hours
Lipty Lou Offline
Somewhere in the desert!
I have searched and searched and can not find any information about changing the hours of a retail branch.

Can anyone tell me if there are notices that we should be posting or permissions we need to request to change one of our branches hours?

Thank you in advance!!

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#1326606 - 01/19/10 06:25 PM Re: Changing branch hours Lipty Lou
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Each bank is supposed to have procedures on closing branches and changing services. I put changing the hours in with removing services if the office will have shorter hours - etc. We post a 30 day advance notice if a location's hours will change or if that branch will now be closed on Saturdays. We provide a courtesy notice to our regulators - although there is no requirement to do so.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1326615 - 01/19/10 06:30 PM Re: Changing branch hours waldensouth
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
Would you know if there is a specific regulation with regards changing services? When I came on board I noted that there is a policy for Branch Closings, but I don't see anything in it about a change in servces, nor can I find any other policy. Thanks.

Return to Top
#1326622 - 01/19/10 06:36 PM Re: Changing branch hours Doug Hendrickson
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Here is a copy of our closing/change in service policy that I copied pretty much word for word from the FDIC manual:

The Bank is committed to providing convenient, accessible banking service to all communities within our service area.

• The bank has established the following policies to ensure that reducing services offered at any banking office, or reducing hours in a branch will not adversely impact the convenience and needs of the community:
1. The number and type of services most utilized by the customers of the banking office will be analyzed in order to determine if the service could be offered by the installation of an ATM or night deposit.
2. The bank will declare its intent at least 30 days in advance of the action in order to allow customers the opportunity to voice their concerns.
3. Every effort will be made to accommodate the customer.

The Bank has established the following Banking Office Closure Procedures:

• A letter of intent will be forwarded to the FDIC/OCC and the State Banking Department no later than 90 days prior to the date of the proposed banking office closing. This letter will identify the office to be closed, the proposed date of closing, a detailed statement of the reasons for closure, and statistical data to support those reasons.
• The customers of the office will be mailed notification of the proposed office closure either in their regular statement or in a separate mailing, no later than 90 days prior to the date of the proposed closure.
• The bank will also conspicuously post a notice stating the date of the proposed closing and provide a phone number for customers to call giving alternative sites, in the lobby of the office to be closed no later than 30 days prior to the proposed closing date.
• The office to be closed will be determined by management and the Board of Directors. The customers of that office will be determined by reviewing the computer records of the Bank and finding those customers assigned to that office.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1326628 - 01/19/10 06:43 PM Re: Changing branch hours waldensouth
Lipty Lou Offline
Somewhere in the desert!
Thank you so much, this information is very helpful!

Return to Top
#1326648 - 01/19/10 06:59 PM Re: Changing branch hours waldensouth
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
Thanks for the info on the services/hours...much appreciated.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett