Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply
Post Icon
Smilies Insert Link Insert Email Link Insert Image Link Insert Media Tag List Bold Italic Underline Strike-through Spoiler Quote Font Color Fonts Font Size
Make textarea smaller
Make textarea bigger
Post Options

HTML is disabled.
UBBCode is enabled.
Poll Manager (Total Polls: 0)

In Response To:
Thread Starter: Anonymous
Title: Re: Benefits

Never never never count on a bonus. Years ago, the company I worked for gave a bonus that was the equivalent of more than a paycheck to every employee for over 10 years in a row. The 11th year, we were all stunned when we were handed a box of chocolates instead. None of us expected that, let me tell you! Christmas gifts for all my friends and family went on the credit card that year, and I learned a valuable lesson... never expect anything that's not in writing.

The bank I work for now has never given bonuses. We have vacation (sliding scale based on years of service), sick time (6 days per year), and personal time (2 days per year), short and long term disability, life insurance equivalent to one year's salary, accidental death & dismemberment insurance, and health insurance (no vision, no dental): the bank pays a portion and we pay a very high dollar amount out of every paycheck for the premiums. We have 401(k) but the bank doesn't match anything. We have a profit sharing program, but the bank has not contributed anything during the past two years. No health savings account.