Walking Dead, new season

Posted By: Pale Rider

Walking Dead, new season - 10/17/11 02:27 PM

Someone must haved watched last night.

It was a bit too gory and gruesome for me, I could have done without some of the head splitting and of the stomach and removal of the contents. You could almost smell what that would have smelled like....

I wonder if contact will ever be made with the man and son that initially saved him in his home town....
Posted By: Blade Scrapper

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 10/17/11 02:50 PM

I hope so. Let's see how they do getting to Ft Benning, though they may take the whole season to get there.

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 10/17/11 02:50 PM

BTW I watched the whole 1st season last weekend, because I had heard so many good things about it.
Posted By: Aggs

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 10/17/11 04:06 PM

It was gory and gruesome, but not *too* gory and gruesome for me. I love twisted zombie violence. laugh

Love this show! I do hope they reconnect with the father and son from the first season. I am curious about what happened with those characters. I also want to know if the dad ever got the guts to shoot his zombie wife in the head. grin I told my hubby that he better shoot me if I'm a disgusting zombie wandering around in my ugly night gown and bad bed hair like that lady was. LOL
Posted By: Dazed Auditor

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 10/17/11 04:35 PM

I thought the goriness was about right.

I still wonder what happened to Merle. And what did the doctor who opted out whisper to Rick at the end of season 1? I thought the father did shoot his zombie wife but I would have to re watch season 1 to be sure.
Posted By: thomasj

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 10/17/11 04:51 PM

Season 1 is now available on Netflix™. I watched a few episodes last night and am now hooked. I did not watch the season premier for season 2 yet, don't want to get out of sequence.

I was shocked at the gore they actually show. Doesn't bother me, but I would never watch it with my kids around.

BTW, the father did not shoot his zombie wife in the first episode of season 1 last year.

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 10/17/11 05:26 PM

There are only 6 episodes in season 1 so you should be able to catch up soon. So we know how many episodes will be in season 2?

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 10/17/11 05:37 PM

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 10/17/11 06:17 PM

@ 90 minutes each, or will they cut them back to 60 minutes?

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 10/17/11 06:32 PM

60 minutes. The premiere was 90.
Posted By: FBH

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 10/19/11 03:11 AM

Great show! I have possible hunch about Merle...

Click to reveal..
If you've read the graphic novel, I think Merle's going to be the Governor.

I love the differences between the graphic novel and the show. Some things are the same, but there have been new characters added that weren't in the novel, and some of the characters in the novel are still living in the show when they should've died long ago...Can't wait to see the the next episode!!!

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 10/19/11 12:48 PM

I've been thinking about reading the graphic novel. Looks like I need to do so.

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 10/19/11 03:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Dazed Auditor
I've been thinking about reading the graphic novel. Looks like I need to do so.

I've only read the Compendium Vol. 1 (I think it's the first 45 issues of the comic) - but it's awesome! The best thing about it is that the tv show is mostly faithful to the novel, but doesn't follow it exactly. A few examples:

Click to reveal..
The tank scene in season 1 was not in the novel
Merle and Darryl are not in the novel (at least not in the vol. 1 compendium), the whole CDC episode was not in Compendium 1, but there may be something like it in later issues...
Posted By: Dip

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 10/19/11 04:14 PM

Welcome back Henny-Penny!!!

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 10/19/11 04:29 PM

I'm going to check in more from time to time...Had a lot going on lately! Nice to "see" you too!
Posted By: thomasj

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 10/21/11 04:28 PM

Just watched the final episode of last season yesterday. I really enjoy the series, but the shot at the end of the CDC explosion - some of the worst computer generated graphics ever! Looked like my 9 year old could have put that together on my laptop.

Hoping to catch a replay of the 1st episode of this season tonight. (yeah, I don't have a DVR...)

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 10/24/11 02:10 PM

Has anyone watched the talk show "Talking Dead", which follows the new episodes on Sunday night?

I thought I heard there was going to be a lot of action next Sunday.... eek

-which makes sense with the two guys trapped in the high school.
Posted By: cheekEE

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 10/24/11 02:27 PM

I don't have cable to I'm catching the episodes online. You know it's a good show when your jaw is in your lap from shock. LOL

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 10/24/11 03:17 PM

Did the two guys have a plan to get out once they got the medical supplies? Other than run really fast that is. I thought the heavy guys was going to have a stroke with all that running.

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 11/14/11 02:54 PM

Has this show joined the walking dead?

Have they spent too much time on interpersonal relationships rather than fighting walkers and determining whether the human race will go on?

Have they lost viewership? The show that comes after may not be enough to hold the audience.

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 11/14/11 02:57 PM

Hubby and I were just talking about this - it's gotten WAY too slow this season. I don't know if it has anything to do with them firing the head guy from last year or what, but it's too slow, too "preachy" and there's too much talking going on. I want more action! LOL

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 11/14/11 06:41 PM

The search for Sophia is dragging on and on. And everyone getting seriously injured (cut, shot, fall down ravine and pierced with arrow and shot) has been done to death. I agree we need some action.

On another note, I totally knew that barn was filled with zombies.

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 11/14/11 07:12 PM

Are the walkers in the barn his relatives?

He doesn't come across as the mad scientist kind of guy looking for a cure.

That barn is not far enough away from the main house that they didn't discover this day one, it would seem.

No wonder he wants the group to move on.

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 11/14/11 07:20 PM

I would imagine the walkers in the barn used to be people they knew and couldn't bring themselves to put them down. It is time for Rick and his group to move on.

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 11/28/11 01:31 PM

Did anyone watch last night's episode? I just knew Sophia was going to be the last one out of the barn.

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 11/28/11 02:04 PM

yeah, when those childish legs came out you knew it was her...

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 11/28/11 02:35 PM

Well I had guessed it was her before they showed the legs...

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 11/28/11 03:28 PM

and from the preview it appears they are not moving on just yet..

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 11/28/11 04:11 PM

have to wait til Feb
Posted By: Comply 101

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 11/29/11 04:52 PM

Great first season. Horrible second season. I am done with this show.
Posted By: J2C

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 11/29/11 06:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Dazed Auditor
Did anyone watch last night's episode? I just knew Sophia was going to be the last one out of the barn.

Thank goodness the pace picked up...I was about to give up hope on that show (one of the very few I watch). I actually was surprised it was Sophia-- at first I thought it was going to be a zombie farm animal...lol.
Posted By: Happy Drugs

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 12/01/11 08:36 PM

I watched the first season marathon before they aired season 2 premiere. I was hooked after watching it, then the premiere like you said seemed a little slow, have not really been watching it!!
Posted By: ryderdye

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 02/13/12 07:31 PM

Did any one watch last night? I thought it was a great episode, I'm worried about Lori though. I can't believe they ended the episode without showing what happened to her after she wrecked!
Posted By: ACBbank

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 02/13/12 10:13 PM

I thought it was ok. Not bad, but not great. I'm hopeful the rest of the season is better.

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 02/13/12 10:48 PM

Nice speech about the zombie apocalypse not really changing the reason for living and trying to make the world a better place for the next generation...the fact there may not be a cure and no hope didn't really change the fact we all die and then comes the judgement.

All that matters is that you do the best with the time given to you, similar to the Lord of the Rings message.

I thought it was pretty callous how they bury their dead, but burn the rest of the walkers in the barn. Some of them were family of the people on the farm, weren't they?

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 02/14/12 06:07 PM

I thought they buried the relatives of the people on the farm.

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 02/14/12 06:36 PM

I think they did, they only burned the random walkers Otis had gathered. This was actually the first time in the entire show I saw them do anything with walkers they had killed.
Posted By: The Minion

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 02/14/12 06:49 PM

My hubby caught the marathon Sunday afternoon. 6 hours straight of walkers. He has always been a fan of Night of the Living Dead movies, so it makes sense he liked the show. Guess we have another series to DVR. laugh
Posted By: DEL

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 02/14/12 07:29 PM

I like the series but have found I shouldn't watch more than one episode at a time. If I watch back-to-back, and then go to bed, I have pretty strange dreams.

Not nightmares, really. Just.....strange.
Posted By: MsFaye

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 02/21/12 10:43 PM

This new season is moving so slow. I was really hoping for more "walker" action.

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 02/22/12 03:09 PM

too much interpersonal relationship building and destroying going on here, we need more walking dead action...I think they have gone cheap on production and figured they could save some money just having everyone stay at the farm.....

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 02/22/12 06:20 PM

But in the comic book series the group does settle in one location. I'm not sure if the group will be moving on to that location or the writers have changed it to the farm.

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 02/22/12 09:47 PM

I kinda like seeing how people adjust and interact in the post-apocolyptic zombie world. Too many zombies, especially when they get someone, gives me nightmares.

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 02/25/12 12:41 AM

Besides, we get the whole zombie thing. They're like cockroaches, they get everywhere. What makes Walking Dead unique (so far) is shying away from the zombie escape cliche, and focusing more on the inter-personal dynamics.

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 02/27/12 02:54 PM

^^^^ interpersonist
Posted By: BurntSienna

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 02/27/12 07:01 PM

I'm a big fan of season 2. I don't need zombie head-crunching gore every 5 minutes. Really like this show. Good, smart writing.

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 02/27/12 08:30 PM

There was lots of zombie action last night. I enjoyed the zombie waterfall.

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 02/27/12 10:18 PM

ha, they had me jumping out of my chair a couple of times....

it sure was more exciting than the academy awards show...

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 02/28/12 03:45 PM

I thought Rick might leave Shane on the bus to fend for himself, but he can't be the bad guy nor can the show lose the bad guy. I really like Shane's character and agree with him a lot. Guess I would be a bad guy after the ZA! Watch out!

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 02/28/12 04:55 PM

Can you really jam a knife through a skull, or are the zombies skulls kind of mushy and turning into soft tissue?

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 02/28/12 04:57 PM

Yes

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 02/29/12 08:46 PM

http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead/which-character-are-you
you can find out which character you are most like, guess who I got, that's right Shane!

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 03/05/12 03:02 PM

Did anyone watch last night? I thought it was really good and there was some zombie action. Any thoughts on what Randal's fate should be? I think they need to get rid of him.

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 03/05/12 04:46 PM

cheez, they lose the conscience of the group....
Posted By: ~MunQue~

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 03/05/12 09:17 PM

I was all for keeping Randal, until he told Carl that if he helped him that he would take his family out to his peeps. Now I think they should off him.

I was disappointed when Daryl said "sorry brother" and it was Dale. Was really hoping that Mearl would make an appearance. But last night was good.

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 03/05/12 09:40 PM

Me too re: Randal - he wasn't canny enough to even lie to the kid. But the adults didn't see that.

I knew something really bad was going to happen during that episode, but I didn't expect Dale to die. When will they learn to not wander off alone, especially near the trees?

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 03/05/12 09:43 PM

Randal told Daryl what his group did to some teenaged girls. That pretty much sealed his fate for me. He will do or say whatever he needs to save himself. He is trouble.

Dale should have gotten out of there as soon as he saw that downed cow. Carl should have told the group about the run in he had with the zombie as it probably followed him back to the farm.

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 03/05/12 11:19 PM

Now Carl is going to torture himself over Dale's death being his fault, because he could have prevented it, and he's going to start acting out, even more.

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 03/06/12 08:45 PM

I couldn't believe was Carl taunting that zombie. I sound awful saying this, but it should have been Carl that the zombie got and not Dale. frown

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 03/06/12 08:56 PM

Carl has been around that crazy deputy guy too much!

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 03/06/12 10:39 PM

But Shayne would have shot that zombie instead of taunting him.
Posted By: MsFaye

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 03/06/12 11:26 PM

I thought this last episode dragged out way too long. Surprised that Carl is still allowed to wander alone since Sophia's death.

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 03/07/12 01:32 PM

I was yelling at the t.v., I can't believe his mom allows him to wander. If Carl was mine, I would have him tyed to my side! Dale was getting on my nerves. He kept bringing up morality. See, if zombies were in my world, I would do everything I could to keep my people safe. Sorry, morality is out da window.

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 03/07/12 03:55 PM

I was secretly hoping for Carl to die. And then Lori can also die trying to save him. Good riddance. laugh

Did you know that in the book it was Dale that Andrea hooked up with? Not Shane. Kind of creepy to picture that, since the tv show made him out to be a father figure to her more than anything.

Poor Dale. frown

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 03/07/12 07:50 PM

Lori can't die yet, not until she's in labor, so that when they are trying to get the baby out, she'll be trying to eat it. Not that she doesn't deserve to get bit after her little "women belong in the kitchen" speach. Seriously? Watch your dang kid and shut the heck up.

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 03/07/12 08:57 PM

I will let Peepers respond to this ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 03/08/12 12:10 PM

Originally Posted By: ~MunQue~
Seriously? Watch your dang kid and shut the heck up.

That goes for a lot of people in real life, not just her! wink

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 03/12/12 02:27 PM

Next week is the season finale. Get your zombie fix while you can. I thought last night's episode was good. The sneak peek clip for next week was pretty interesting. In a zombie infested world, you always look over your shoulder.

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 03/12/12 06:44 PM

Really interesting episode last night! Got me thinking about what Jenner in Atlanta told Rick? Maybe everyone is already infected and all it takes is a bite, scratch or death to bring out the zombie in them. Lots of zombie nightmares last night, needless to say.

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 03/12/12 06:46 PM

What was Carl doing out there again, alone (until he got to Rick)and he was holding that gun up to Ricks head before Shane even got up. Psycho kid.

It was a good episode. I liked Shane as a character, he added a much needed twist to the show, but as soon as I heard he was going to die, well, I've been waiting for it half the season. And psycho kid is a good shot apparently.

Anyone have any ideas what will happen in the next season? I think Merle is going to come back with the gang of 30, and Daryl will have to choose where his loyalties lie, with a chunk of team gone, not all of them are going to make it out after the farm is overrun in the next episode.
Posted By: ACBbank

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 03/12/12 07:12 PM

I liked last night's episode. Shane had run his course and it was his time to go. It will be interesting to see how they replace the role his character filled.

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 03/12/12 07:49 PM

You wouldn't think they have enough bullets for the walkers headed towards them ....maybe the gang of 30 saves them...

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 03/12/12 09:16 PM

They probably don't, Andrea had said something about the amo being low, I think it's all in Shanes trunk, right after she said that it cut to shane closing his trunk real quick so Dale wouldn't see what he was putting in there.

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 03/13/12 12:48 PM

And Daryl only has like 5 arrows. Do we think we will lose any of the main characters next week? We haven't heard a lot from T Dog lately.

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 03/13/12 05:20 PM

T Dog and Carol aren't on there much lately, poor T-Dog rarely gets any lines. I know we are getting new characters next season, so surely we'll lose a few. I'm just hoping that Glen survives, Glenn and Daryl are my favorites. And I'm warming up to Andrea again, for a while there I was wishing Dale would have let her kill herself.

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 03/14/12 12:53 PM

Lori is one of my least favorite characters on that show. I would not be upset if she became a zombie snack.

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 03/15/12 07:51 PM

She's my least favorite too, but I just really want to see her become a zombie while she's giving birth. Although, pretty sure all a baby would do is get everyone killed. Kinda want to see the baby be born a zombie too, like in the one movie.... don't remember what it was at the moment.

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 03/15/12 08:22 PM

I think that movie was Dawn of the Dead. The one where they are in a mall right?

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 03/16/12 01:57 PM

Maybe her baby will be the "cure" to the zombie infection...

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 03/16/12 05:05 PM

That's the one! The baby can't be the cure, then the show would be so much less appealing.

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 03/19/12 02:43 PM

Last night was great, a little sad that we have to wait until September to see more. The intro for Michonne was pretty awesome. And they have already cast the governer for next season too. I'm glad Andrea was saved, when they left her I freaked out a little, I was just starting to like her. But when Michonne saved her and we got the shot of her standing there with her zombies on chains, no arms, no jaws... awesome.

And once again, Lori wasn't watching her freaking kid...

What do you think about Rick's new attitude?

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 03/19/12 06:38 PM

So do you know who Michonne is from reading the grahic novel? Or did I snooze through an important scene?

I really enjoyed last night's episode. Quite a clever teaser to show a hellcopter. I also wondered why none of them followed up on the "migration" idea - figure out which way all the walkers are going and head the other way!

I thought Rick's new attitude was overdue. Sad, but overdue. Doesn't look like Lori will ever speak to him again, though.

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 03/19/12 07:05 PM

I think Rick's new attitude is great! They all should have more respect for him, especially Carol! She was getting on my nerves. And Lori too. Love Andrea, so glad she didn't die! I though Herschel really stepped it up. I'm looking forward to the third season, but sad it is so far away. I do need a good night's rest on Sundays though!

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 03/19/12 08:00 PM

I knew about Michonne from another forum that I go on, apparently she's a pretty hot badarse in the graphic novel, and next season we are supposed to be introduced to the "governer" too, but AMC isn't letting out any information on that. On the talking dead last night though, they promised the return of either Merle or Morgan, there was another name too but I didn't catch it and can't think of anyone who is missing.

I like Rick's new attitude too, he came off as a douche, but I think he needed to.

I'm thinking about getting the graphic novels. Can't believe how engrossed I am with this show.
Posted By: Sallaia

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 03/19/12 09:13 PM

The Talking Dead also highlighted the main reason Lori was probably all ticked off about Rick's new(better) attitude: she pushed for a showdown between the two men and was probably mad at herself due to what came of it.

I don't advocate kids on leashes in general, but she needs to get one for Carl. Especially after Sophia...

My hubby was excited like crazy when he saw Michonne...he's read a bunch of the graphic novels. She sounds like something to really look forward to in the next season.

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 03/19/12 09:34 PM

I am glad Michonne has been introduced. She is a great character. I think the third character mentioned on the Talking Dead was Dwayne, Morgan's son. Since they mentioned that 33% of those three would be in season 3, I assume it will be the Merle as the Govenor.

The graphic novel is good but differs quite a bit from the show.

Re: Walking Dead, new season - 03/20/12 03:57 PM

On the online spoilers they said that Merle will definitely be back, but they have already casted the governor, so he won't be him, but he may be part of his group. Unless the writers are leading us astray...