Issue dates on drivers license

Posted By: thekimster

Issue dates on drivers license - 10/25/05 11:36 PM

I had a lady come in today to open an account. She had a Missouri license. It did not have an issue date and I thought all states had issue dates am I wrong? It would have been helpful if we had one of those I.D. Checking Guides.
Posted By: BSA4LIFE

Re: Issue dates on drivers license - 10/26/05 12:06 AM

I do have an ID Checking Guide, I don't know how you survive without one. Every year I order one for each one of my branches and my department. Missouri does not have an issue date on the front of their license.
Posted By: Elwood P. Dowd

Re: Issue dates on drivers license - 10/26/05 12:14 PM

It's a minor investment and they are a BOL advertiser. Get two!
Posted By: RBanker

Re: Issue dates on drivers license - 10/26/05 01:14 PM

State of Texas does not have an issue date either. An ID guide would be extremely helpful. All of our centers have one, some have two. As Ken indicated minor investment - major returns!
Posted By: Carman

Re: Issue dates on drivers license - 04/05/13 03:10 PM

Missouri Driver's Licenses do have issue dates on them, you just have to know how to read them. There is a set of numbers printed vertically next to the photo. The first two numbers are the year, skip the next three numbers, then the next three are the day of the year it was issued. You would need a Julian Chart to figure that out in most instances.

Example:

If the numbers were

10 are the year = 2010
skip 205
088 is the day of the year = March 29
skip the last numbers

Your date would be March 29 2010

I hope this helps!
Posted By: rlcarey

Re: Issue dates on drivers license - 04/05/13 04:05 PM

This post is seven and a half years old. I'm not sure why it has been revived, but for any other readers, please note that R Banker's comment regarding Texas D/Ls not having an issue date was true in 2005 when posted, but is no longer true.
Posted By: HappyGilmore

Re: Issue dates on drivers license - 04/05/13 06:06 PM

someone was really bored?