Loan Review Procedures

Posted By: hsimmers

Loan Review Procedures - 03/18/09 03:50 PM

I am trying to figure out an efficent way to complete loan review. Right now our system involves a lot of "paperwork" and I am trying to make it easier and more efficient, while still making sure we are documenting everything we should. I am curious what others "procedures" are on how they do loan review? Currently we hae everything in a spreadsheet and on a review sheet place in the file, then the loan officer/processor sends back the review sheet after everything all (if any) corrections are made. there is a lot of back and forth and tracking.
Posted By: ahkcompliance

Re: Loan Review Procedures - 03/19/09 02:41 PM

I am wondering the same thing. Currently, after I review a loan file for compliance I track on a spreadsheet. I don't put anything in file? Should I be putting a sheet in file of the errors I found?
Posted By: OnTheEdge

Re: Loan Review Procedures - 03/19/09 07:36 PM

I would not put anything in the file.I would document findings and follow-up with lender/processor involved.
Posted By: hsimmers

Re: Loan Review Procedures - 04/20/09 07:32 PM

Right now we put a review sheet in the file and then send out a spreadsheet with all notices for each lender/processor. They use the spreadsheet to locate which file have issues and then can respond the the issues on the review sheet, located in the file. That sheet is then sent back to me to mark those loans off the spreadsheet. I am thinking it may be easier just to put everything on the spreadsheet and then they can send me corrections on that.

Another question, do you have any kind of checklist or process you use when going through the loan files? Anything different when its consumer/commercial/real estate?
Posted By: AllSmiles

Re: Loan Review Procedures - 04/29/09 03:19 PM

I am curious to know how often you complete a Loan Review. We review a 20% sample each month of all loans. I find more exceptions are due to the fact that the lein entry, mortgage, has not had time to be processed and returned. Does anyone know if there is a schedule available somewhere? I would like to hear what others are doing. Thanks!