Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#100904 - 07/25/03 02:56 PM Not Really a Night Deposit
Anonymous
Unregistered

We have a few customers who have always dropped their deposits off to a teller and left so that the deposits could be worked and the receipts could be picked up later. This has been the practice for far longer than I've been alive. Now that I'm here, I'm finding out that we have only a night deposit agreement on these customers. But this isn't a night deposit. Any suggestions on what we should do? Should we develop a new agreement for these types of customers. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#100905 - 07/25/03 03:05 PM Re: Not Really a Night Deposit
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
The key provision in your night deposit agreement that you'll want to apply to these customers is the one about verification of the deposit, particularly the cash. It's probably a good idea to incorporate that piece in your deposit agreement for all business customers, since you can't really control when someone is going to make that decision to "drop and return."

Another thing to watch out for -- make sure your tellers aren't confusing this sort of activity with true night deposit action. CTR rules don't address this special kind of "pseudo-night-drop" as a situation in which you would not get transactor ID info.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#100906 - 07/25/03 03:07 PM Re: Not Really a Night Deposit
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
Your standard agreement may suffice, but how do you handle CTR filings when these bags produce more than $10,000? You can't hit the "night deposit" excuse box on the CTR if the customer hands the cash-filled bag to an employee.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett