Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1060735 - 10/08/08 02:03 PM Sheshunoff Bank Internal Audit Expert - Online
kendrar Offline
Gold Star
Does/Has anyone ever used the above mentioned product?

I have looked on the website and the information they are willing to provide is very vague. I am just trying to figure out what the program will do and what it won't....

Specifically, does anyone know if it has any tools available to help document/assess internal controls?

Thanks,

Kendra

Return to Top
Audit
#1060815 - 10/08/08 03:16 PM Re: Sheshunoff Bank Internal Audit Expert - Online kendrar
dzeiler Offline
New Poster
Florida
They will give you a free trial of the product and demonstrate everything it offers.

Return to Top
#1060917 - 10/08/08 04:19 PM Re: Sheshunoff Bank Internal Audit Expert - Online dzeiler
kendrar Offline
Gold Star
I saw that and tried to fill out the form about 20 times but it kept telling me that it couldn't submit my form because something wasn't filled out right but I had filled out each and every blank on the form.......

Return to Top
#1061031 - 10/08/08 05:39 PM Re: Sheshunoff Bank Internal Audit Expert - Online kendrar
dzeiler Offline
New Poster
Florida
Just call them its faster anyway. They should have a sales rep from your area call you back the same day. I just did it the week before last and they gave me about a 4 day free trial of the product after going over it all first...

Return to Top
#1061207 - 10/08/08 07:37 PM Re: Sheshunoff Bank Internal Audit Expert - Online dzeiler
kendrar Offline
Gold Star
So what did you think about it?

I am curious to know from someone other than a sales rep....

Return to Top
#1061325 - 10/08/08 08:24 PM Re: Sheshunoff Bank Internal Audit Expert - Online kendrar
dzeiler Offline
New Poster
Florida
Oh boy, I knew you were going to ask me that. lol

I recently became the internal auditor for a small bank that has not had an auditor for a few years. I have no experience with this and was hoping that the Audit Expert would help me put a solid program together. Maybe it is just me but it did not seem to offer any more information than I can get on the OTS website....for free. So we decided not to go with it at this time.

Return to Top
#1061394 - 10/08/08 09:03 PM Re: Sheshunoff Bank Internal Audit Expert - Online dzeiler
kendrar Offline
Gold Star
That is what I have seen from a lot of the programs/manuals that I have looked at.

The president/ceo is wanting to find some sort of software package that will allow us to document and assess our internal controls.

The AICPA recently put out something like this but it was fairly pricey (around $1,000) and it isn't industry specific. I feel that we need to find something industry specific because from what I have seen in banking versus industry the internal controls should be much different - especially in the area of cash, others as well but more so in cash because most businesses don't encounter that much cash (retail industry excluded...).

Just trying to gage whether it is even worth my time.....

Thanks....

Return to Top
#1088943 - 11/28/08 01:02 AM Re: Sheshunoff Bank Internal Audit Expert - Online kendrar
trainer53 Offline
trainer53
Go to our regulatory agency website and look at their manuals. Audit workpapers will be available. What better way to audit than to use the exact same as your regulator?

Return to Top
#1089021 - 11/28/08 04:01 PM Re: Sheshunoff Bank Internal Audit Expert - Online trainer53
St. Paul Offline
New Poster
St. Paul
At our bank we have subscribed to Sheshunoff and sometimes they have come in handy, but overall it isn't that impressive. Have you checked out Bankers Online?

What is the OTS website?

Return to Top
#1089394 - 11/29/08 02:45 AM Re: Sheshunoff Bank Internal Audit Expert - Online St. Paul
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota

Return to Top
#1089511 - 12/01/08 01:25 PM Re: Sheshunoff Bank Internal Audit Expert - Online Countess Kiwi
A_G Offline
10K Club
I agree with others about going to your Regulator's manual for guidance.

And on a side note - DONT get your name on any type of Sheshunoff list!!! THEY DON'T STOP CALLING!!! EVER!!!!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z