BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#106126 - 08/14/03 02:48 PM Complaince Risk Based Schedule
Dollar Bill Offline
100 Club
Dollar Bill
Midwest
We are an OCC regulated Bank with nearly $450 million in assets. I have recently been assigned the responsibilities of heading up the compliance department. I was wondering if regulators will look for a compliance risk-based schedule for the compliance department, much as the internal audit department.

Would anyone be willing to share their compliance schedule? I did a search of all posts and didn't come up with anything. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#106127 - 08/14/03 02:53 PM Re: Complaince Risk Based Schedule
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
I can't share my schedule, but I can share some building blocks.

Start with any annual (or other) training sessions like BSA and all regulatory required deadlines like CRA Public File Update. Next look at the past audits and exams. If you find any deficiencies, you should add these areas into your schedule. From there, it will be working things in as allowed by time.

It can take a while to get the calendar to flow well and working with the audit department can be beneficial. Good luck.

Return to Top
#106128 - 08/14/03 03:19 PM Re: Complaince Risk Based Schedule
SJB Offline
Diamond Poster
SJB
California
I'll send you my compliance calendar that lists reports due,training to be conducted, etc.

Return to Top
#106129 - 08/14/03 05:10 PM Re: Complaince Risk Based Schedule
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
You may also get some ideas from here. And think "work forward". That is, look ahead on your audit schedule and get training done a few months ahead of an audit. Make your file sample include a selection of items pre- and post- training. This will help you determine the effectiveness of your training and any areas you need to revisit.

Consider your risk assessment, where are you most vulnerable, deposits, loans, what areas of each based on your transaction volume, where are the penalties the greatest, etc. Also, call your examiner, introduce yourself and your new title AFTER looking at the last one or two exam reports. Ask them what they think of your plan and adjust accordingly.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett