Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1065148 - 10/15/08 09:21 PM Guarantors, Participations & Reg O
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
I believe an insider who guarantees a loan has that loan attributed to him/her for insider calculations. If the guarantee is limited in amount, duration, etc., the attribution is limited UNLESS the insider is also in control of the entity or personally signs the note.

My question is, if the insider controls an entity and personally guarantees a loan to that entity and you participate the loan to get the insider under the insider limit - have you really accomplished your goal because the personal guarantee would continue to be an extension of credit or does the participation take the personal guarantee as well? Or do you count the loan once for the related interest (insider controled entity) and once for the direct obligation (personal guarantee)?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1065204 - 10/15/08 10:14 PM Re: Guarantors, Participations & Reg O Tesla
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
The guarantee would go with the loan, unless your participant messed up badly! They take the entire deal as booked: collateral, guarantee, etc.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1065237 - 10/16/08 01:56 AM Re: Guarantors, Participations & Reg O Kathleen O. Blanchard
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
Ok - Thanks.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z