Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1082018 - 11/14/08 04:23 PM Sample Risk Assessments
brainOverload Offline
Gold Star
brainOverload
DFW, Texas
Would anyone like to share sample BSA/AML and OFAC risk assessments, or tell me where I can find some or recommend any software, online companies, etc. I have been trying to find Calvary Solutions that was mentioned to me but I cannot find them on the web.

I am desperate, plese help!

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1082066 - 11/14/08 05:00 PM Re: Sample Risk Assessments brainOverload
CSB98 Offline
Diamond Poster
Wisconsin
If you PM me with your email address, I will send you what we use.

Return to Top
#1082100 - 11/14/08 05:24 PM Re: Sample Risk Assessments CSB98
devsfan Offline
Diamond Poster
NYC
You can also review the FFIEC Examination Manual since it contains templates for each (see appendices J and M). We did our risk assessments following the manual and they have passed muster during all exams.

Return to Top
#1082162 - 11/14/08 06:14 PM Re: Sample Risk Assessments devsfan
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Just be aware that risk assessments similar to those found in Appendix J & M may not pass muster in the future if you are not expanding on the content appropriately. The Nov. 2007 OIG report regarding FDIC examination processes indicated:

"Finally, we determined that risk assessments for 8 of the 24 financial institutions were based on a matrix format (Appendix J of the examination manual) intended for use by examiners that did not provide for a detailed assessment of risk categories and factors. Use of this matrix in lieu of a more thorough risk assessment could result in BSA/AML risks not being identified."

Return to Top
#1082200 - 11/14/08 06:33 PM Re: Sample Risk Assessments rlcarey
brainOverload Offline
Gold Star
brainOverload
DFW, Texas
I guess I should clarify. We have a BSA risk assessment already that is really pretty good but our auditors told us that we needed a more quantative risk assessment. We do not have and OFAC one at all. I just need guidance because I have never done a risk assessment and am not very comfortable doing so. I found one in the tools but it looks so complicated. I will probably go with it but I wanted to see what else is out there.

Thank you all for your input though.

Return to Top
#1082325 - 11/14/08 08:00 PM Re: Sample Risk Assessments brainOverload
nemsi Offline
Gold Star
Brainoverload... a couple of years ago I ordered a CD from BankersStore, "Documenting your BSA/AML/OFAC Risk Assessment" presented by Ken Golliher. It's a great tool to use and does include "Sample Risk Assessments". You can probably still the CD. I recommend it.

Return to Top
#1090923 - 12/03/08 04:15 PM Re: Sample Risk Assessments nemsi
brainOverload Offline
Gold Star
brainOverload
DFW, Texas
Thank you all. I will check out the CD. I am so stuck on this "quantitive" thing.

Return to Top
#1091119 - 12/03/08 07:12 PM Re: Sample Risk Assessments brainOverload
smoothsailing Offline
BrainOverload, since you were inquiring about possible software, go and visit www.RiskWatch.com

Riskwatch is a software company soley focused on automated risk assessments. While I don't have direct experience using their product, I do know that they have hundreds of banking customers.

Good luck..

Return to Top
#1091396 - 12/03/08 09:56 PM Re: Sample Risk Assessments nemsi
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Originally Posted By: nemsi
Brainoverload... a couple of years ago I ordered a CD from BankersStore, "Documenting your BSA/AML/OFAC Risk Assessment" presented by Ken Golliher. It's a great tool to use and does include "Sample Risk Assessments". You can probably still the CD. I recommend it.
I took this webinar and use Ken's format provided in the training as a starting point, made it my own and have never had an issue. In fact, examiners and auditors have complemented me on how thorough it is. Thanks BOL and Ken G!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z