Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1091483 - 12/03/08 11:27 PM Switch of e-statement format
Ngoc Offline
Our core service provider recently switched the method of providing e-statements from HTML format to PDF format. We sent out a notice of the change to the customer, but after reviewing the E-Sign Act, it sounds like the customer must consent electronically again and demostrate that they can access and view their statement in the new PDF format. Is this correct or is it enough that we sent them the notice of software change?

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1091557 - 12/04/08 02:59 AM Re: Switch of e-statement format Ngoc
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
No, you need them to again demonstrate their ability to view the document with the new format.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#1091948 - 12/04/08 07:01 PM Re: Switch of e-statement format Ngoc
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
Every statement sent in PDF format should be resent in HTML format--otherwise, you have not sent the required Reg. E and Reg. DD disclosures. In addition, you should extend the Reg. E error resolution time period for these resent statements. Also, you should continue the HTML format indefinitely until you are able to get every customer to agree to switch to PDF (good luck on that one.)

Return to Top
#1093052 - 12/05/08 11:40 PM Re: Switch of e-statement format Richard Insley
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Many people have issues installing software. And while you and I and everyone reading this are likely familiar with PDFs, I know some senior citizen users who don't want change in their routine. Those are the potential problems when you ask them to install and use a new program. That is why going through the demonstrable consent is necessary. This would be a substantive change.

I would also go back as ask how this change was made without adequate research. It shouldn't have happened it it was already done.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z