Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#109666 - 08/25/03 07:45 PM Disputed Electronic Transactions
BeachGirl Offline
100 Club
Myrtle Beach, SC
Help please!! Joint checking account, Mother & Son. The Son has a debit card. The Son disputes several ATM transactions, $1,300 worth. The account has been closed. He has no other account, the Mother has since opened a single ownership account. How can we provide him with the provisional credit other than send him a check? I really don't want to do that because we suspect he made all of the transacations himself. We are waiting for film from the other banks. Can we put the credit in his Mother's account?

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#109667 - 08/25/03 08:01 PM Re: Disputed Electronic Transactions
complylady Offline
Platinum Poster
complylady
Michigan
When we have a joint account, we require all the account holders to dispute. The mother could have made the transactions. Maybe she took her mney and opended an account of her own. As to you question about provisional credit to the mother only, I say no as he is not on the account.

Return to Top
#109668 - 08/25/03 08:02 PM Re: Disputed Electronic Transactions
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
You could issue a check jointly, as that is how the original account was styled. I would hesitate to put "joint" money in a "single" owner's account.

The other option is to make your decision before the 10 day limit.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett