New York
Camden Yards is nice.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#109949 - 11/23/04 06:33 PM Re: Best Sports Venue
Anonymous
Unregistered

veterans stadium in philly.
the vet was awesome. it was imposing for visiting teams, the fans were allowed to have fun because the real fans could afford the seats. they had ramps that went all around the stadium unlike steps so steep everywhere. a normal person could fit into the seats unlike the linc where they fit as many seats as possible to make more money, not noticing that a normal weight person couldn't fit in the seats.
it was the best!
r.i.p veterans stadium!

Return to Top
#109950 - 11/23/04 07:53 PM Re: Best Sports Venue
Sunrider Offline
100 Club
Quote:

Ugly is right, because if someone does not pick Wrigley Field, then they have never been there But putting aside my bias, I will pick two alternatives: 1. The old Chicago Stadium for a Blackhawk game; and 2. Coors Field - saw a Rockies game there in 1999 and I was very close to enjoying that park as much as the Mecca itself.

The old Stadium!!! I couldn't agree more. No better place for hockey, basketball, and indoor soccer. Growing up I played in an under-16 indoor soccer game there before the Chicago Sting played the Cleveland Force. I LOVED the Force, scored a goal, and got to wave to my family in the stands.

Return to Top
#109951 - 11/23/04 07:56 PM Re: Best Sports Venue
Sunrider Offline
100 Club
Quote:

Paul Brown Stadium!

Why? Because for a change a bigtime stadium didn't sell out to "the man" in the form of a corporate name!

Catching up with Cleveland:
Jacobs Field - Indians
Gund Arena - Cavs
Cleveland Browns Stadium

Hope they never change them!

Return to Top
#109952 - 11/23/04 08:38 PM Re: Best Sports Venue
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Yeah, gotta love those browns... they couldn't think of a name so they called it cleveland browns stadium.....

By the way, you know you are a browns fan when your away uniforms are white and orange and the helmet is orange!

You know you are a browns fan when you graduate from high school after four tough years.... as a senior!

Return to Top
#109953 - 11/23/04 08:55 PM Re: Best Sports Venue
USCBanker Offline
Easley, SC
I am a Gamecocks but even I cant say Williams-Brice is the best.

If you ever get a chance, go to Neyland Stadium for a Tennessee game. But go when they play a good opponent. If you are lucky, you will see a great game. I have been to many UT games. Most when they played my Gamecocks. But I have been to other as well. To tell the truth, I was never impressed. Then last year I went to the USC game against UT that went into overtime. The place was so loud I couldnt hear myself think. You could feel the place shaking. When I got back to Williams-Brice, I could see how we lose so many recruits to UT. They bring them there for the big games and the place is nuts. I can imagine there being a better setting for a football game. Right along the Tennessee river, and Knoxville is a great little city. Its not Nashville but still fun. And the seats are PACKED in, but as much as I hate tennessee, Id encourage my kids to go there before any other school with the exception of USC.

Return to Top
#109954 - 11/23/04 09:18 PM Re: Best Sports Venue
Sunrider Offline
100 Club
Too bad Cincy had to name their after the coach that led the Cleveland Browns to numerous championships and led Cincy to absolutely none.

Return to Top
#109955 - 11/23/04 10:29 PM Re: Best Sports Venue
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Yes, but remember, Cleveland ran one of the greatest coaches of all time out of town, and let him build a new team...

Besides, do you know what the Cleveland Browns and Billy Graham have in common?

They both make 60,000 people stand and shout "Jesus Christ"

Return to Top
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3