Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1099126 - 12/17/08 10:29 PM Right of Rescission - Calculating the Days
brainOverload Offline
Gold Star
brainOverload
DFW, Texas
Can any one clarify for me please...in reading Reg Z’s rules on Rescission, do I understand it right that a business day is defined as any day that we are open for full business except Sundays and Holidays unless we are calculating for Rescission we have to include Saturdays?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1099144 - 12/17/08 10:52 PM Re: Right of Rescission - Calculating the Days brainOverload
Cale_N_Oats Offline
Platinum Poster
Cale_N_Oats
Southern Illinois
Word Up, for rescission purposed you DO include Saturdays

Return to Top
#1099172 - 12/17/08 11:27 PM Re: Right of Rescission - Calculating the Days brainOverload
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
When you're talking about ROR, whether or not you are open is irrelevant. Notice the bolded part of the definition of "business day" (Sec. 226.2(a)(6)):
(6) Business day means a day on which a creditor's offices are open to the public for carrying on substantially all of its business functions. However, for purposes of rescission under §§ 226.15 and 226.23, and for purposes of § 226.31, the term means all calendar days except Sundays and the legal public holidays specified in 5 U.S.C. 6103(a), such as New Year's Day, the birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr., Washington's Birthday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z