Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1115739 - 01/23/09 12:30 AM O/O Construction Loan now a "Spec" Home
Tarhe Offline
Diamond Poster
California
Last year, we made a construction loan to a consumer to build his single family residence. As an abundance of caution, we also took a T/D on the home he currently lives in. The loan was disclosable and a right of rescission was given. The purpose of the loan has now changed to a "spec" home as the consumer plans to complete construction and sell the property. Is the loan now considered "non-disclosable"? We are doing an increase/renewal. Would a rescission no longer be required as the purpose has changed? Thank you!

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1115785 - 01/23/09 03:38 AM Re: O/O Construction Loan now a "Spec" Home Tarhe
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Is the "consumer" a contractor that as course of their livelihood builds and sells spec homes? If not then I would argue this is a personal investment therefore a consumer purpose loan subject to all applicable consumer disclosures.

Return to Top
#1115870 - 01/23/09 02:11 PM Re: O/O Construction Loan now a "Spec" Home Dan Persfull
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I agree with Dan, if not a builder, we would consider this a personal investment. I use the term "investment" lightly these days. wink

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1116024 - 01/23/09 04:30 PM Re: O/O Construction Loan now a "Spec" Home RR Joker
Tarhe Offline
Diamond Poster
California
Thank you!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z