Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1118164 - 01/28/09 06:08 PM e-sign, round #2
Trees Offline
Power Poster
So, we have the program, the consent from cust. to receive disclosures to loans, etc. I keep agnoziing over the prctice that we had to have in place for when we set customers up for e-statements. In addition to the disclosure " you need this and that, you will agree to electronic notices, you can get copies, etc. etc.) ALSO, we had to do a test for each account (send an e-mail and make sure it gets back to us) as the last step.

In the case of our loan online program, the customer must check a "site" on the program. We do not communicate to the customer via e-mail. They are told to check the site often for memos, disclosures, etc. As we are not dealing with a push or pull situation, via e-mail, as we did for e-statements, do we need to do the test anyways? I think not, as they are sending us messages, etc. but I want to make sure.

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1118183 - 01/28/09 06:24 PM Re: e-sign, round #2 Trees
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
Customers must demonstrate capability to receive and use e-documents in one manner or another. Given the many ways e-delivery could be configured, there's no "one size fits all" rule - just a common sense judgment. If the customer has received all the necessary disclosures about your e-delivery method, hardware, software, etc.; has made an affirmative request for e-delivery; and has demonstrated his/her ability to receive and open a document of the type to be used for items which must be "in writing", then documents delivered in this manner are "written" for all legal purposes.

Return to Top
#1118388 - 01/28/09 08:04 PM Re: e-sign, round #2 Richard Insley
Trees Offline
Power Poster
Thank you. That clarifies the process for me.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z