Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1122831 - 02/04/09 06:41 PM Required Human Resources Policies
Tarhe Offline
Diamond Poster
California
I am looking for a list of required HR policies that must be in place for a bank. Here is what we have:

Conflict of Interest and Business Ethics
Education/Tuition Reimbursement
Employee Overdraft Policy
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy
Productive Work Environment

Are there others that are recommended or required? Thanks!

Return to Top
Human Resources
#1122930 - 02/04/09 07:44 PM Re: Required Human Resources Policies Tarhe
doubledomer Offline
New Poster
We have a Conflict of Interest - Code of Ethics Policy, a Personnel Policy and an Employee Handbook. Much of what you have listed above is covered within those policies.

One issue that has recently arisen: An affirmative action policy. I understand that it's necessary for banks with over 50 employees, but is subject to qualifying under certain standards. I need to do more research on this issue as our bank has exceeded 50 employees for quite some time...

Return to Top
#1123120 - 02/04/09 09:35 PM Re: Required Human Resources Policies doubledomer
hrlady Offline
100 Club
Regarding affirmative action plans....check out this link on BOL www.bankersonline.com/compliance/bm_affirmative.html. I am working on our AAP this week.

Return to Top
#1127377 - 02/10/09 09:15 PM Re: Required Human Resources Policies hrlady
Georgia Plum
Unregistered

Our Personnel Policy is short and sweet

XXX Bank is committed to having a safe work environment free from discrimination or harassment for all employees and customers. It is also committed to establishing written guidelines that will ensure our personnel practices are fairly communicated to all employees. The Board hereby directs Management to

 Develop written guidelines that include but are not limited to
• Harassment
• Violence in the workplace
• Non-discrimination
• Benefits
• Employee Code of Ethics
• Bank Standards for attendance, conduct, recordkeeping and evaluations
 Conduct or arrange for periodic staff training as changes occur; and
 Ensure that the bank’s Compliance Officer is monitoring and reviewing as part of the Compliance Program.

Changes to this policy require Board approval. Changes in operating procedures, standards, guidelines and technologies, provided they are consistent with this policy, may be authorized by Senior Management.

We then have an "Employee Handbook" that has the standard practices and guidlines for all the above in detail.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Gayla Sherry