Click to return to BOL home page
Banker Store Read A Reg BOL Insiders Career Connect Learning Connect Bankers Information Network

October 29
Documenting an Applicant's Intent to be a Joint Applicant;
David Dickinson

November 4
Issues with Deceased Customers;
Mary Beth Guard and John Burnett

November 5
Vault Burglaries, Floods, Fires & Other Disasters;
Dave McGuinn

November 6
MLO v LO - Who Has to Do What?;
Jack Holzknecht and Mary Beth Guard

November 13
Domestic Violence & Workplace Violence: There Is A Link;
Shelly Collins and Dana Turner

November 18
Understanding USPAP and Regulatory Guidelines for Appraisal and Evaluation Compliance Reviews;
Eric Collinsworth

Topic Options
#1125526 - 02/06/09 06:06 PM cross pledge/cross collateralization questions
loan doc girl Offline

Loc: North Texas
This has become a really hot topic around here of late and it is giving us fits. Can anyone give me some answers or opinions?

First, are the 2 terms interchangeable? Some people say yes and others have said no.

Say you have 2 loans that are written up as having completely different collateral - how do you document a cross pledge of collateral? Do you do a security agreement/pledge for each loan? Or do you do the security documents only in the loan that they are primarily pledged to and put a c/p clause in the docs? (for instance - loan A has stock and loan B has accounts & equipment)

What if you have 2 loans that have the exact same collateral - do you put a c/p clause in those docs, or does it go without saying that they are c/p because you have security docs for each loan?

Same for real estate...you do a FLDT and SLDT, so is it redundant to say they are cross pledged? Seems to me that it is, but I don't know.

I know this is a lot of questions. Any input would be appreciated!

Lending Compliance
#1125711 - 02/08/09 06:03 PM Re: cross pledge/cross collateralization questions [Re: loan doc girl]
rlcarey Offline
10K Club

Loc: Galveston, TX
You are asking questions that will be based on State law as to how to perfect interests in real property and those questions are best asked of your attorney.

Moderator:  Andy Z