Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1160576 - 04/09/09 02:26 PM Chargeback Images in Online Banking
Steve O'Mara Offline
New Poster
Good morning! This will be my first post here. I hope that as I continue to read these message boards, I will be able to provide at least as much information as I receive.

We are about to automate our Chargeback/Incoming Returns process, and it has been requested that we provide the images of these chargeback items to the customer through Online Banking.

Basically, when a customer logs in to OLB, they can click on the check number, and view images of their checks. They can click on the deposit and view an image of the deposit. Now we want to give them the ability to click on any chargebacks to their account, and view the image of the chargeback online.

Technically speaking, this is easily accomplished, but I'm concerned that there is some sort of compliance issue that I'm not seeing.

Does anyone else offer this service? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1161013 - 04/09/09 07:41 PM Re: Chargeback Images in Online Banking Steve O'Mara
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
There are no compliance issues of which I am aware. I imagine the service is designed to let the customer know what's been returned before it arrives in the mail.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#1161050 - 04/09/09 08:07 PM Re: Chargeback Images in Online Banking John Burnett
Steve O'Mara Offline
New Poster
We currently have quite a bit of traffic through our branches asking for copies of the item that was returned, and I think this will cut down on that traffic a lot, but was unsure about providing them with an image of an item that is technically not theirs, even though we are sending them an IRD of that item with
their notice.

Thank you for the response!!! I really appreciate it!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z