Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1167066 - 04/21/09 02:26 PM SAR question
markp Offline
Gold Star
New Jersey
I am going to try and explain this best I can.

We had a lady come into one of our branches to complete a mortgage application, she explains that she lost her home to a scam and she needs a loan to buy a new, she goes on to say she was in for closer and that is why she was contacted by a company teller her that under certain terms she can re purchase her home from them in 3 years time. She agreed to it and in the 3 years time from the company sold her home to someone else without her knowing. to say the least this person did not qualify for a loan with us but do we have the responsibility to file an SAR on the company even thought we were not involved other than someone telling us about it. Also we have the papers from the supreme courts that explain the case in detail. The other fact is we do not know the other side of the story, we have not seen any contracts between them.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1167119 - 04/21/09 03:20 PM Re: SAR question markp
Deena Offline
Power Poster
Deena
PA
I would not file a SAR for this - the scam was over and done and your bank was not involved. You just had a mortgage applicant who didn't qualify for a mortgage.

Return to Top
#1167125 - 04/21/09 03:22 PM Re: SAR question Deena
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Ditto.

Return to Top
#1167178 - 04/21/09 03:56 PM Re: SAR question #Just Jay
rusure Offline
Rocky Mountains
If you have supreme court papers, law enforcement is well aware of the situation already and there would be no need to file a SAR.

Return to Top
#1167197 - 04/21/09 04:10 PM Re: SAR question rusure
markp Offline
Gold Star
New Jersey
that was were i was at with it just wnated to make sure thanks for your help on this matter.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z