Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#118158 - 09/29/03 12:32 PM Alias
TDW Offline
Gold Star
Is anybody out there a fan of alias....I happen to love it and the premier was last night...what is going on with Vaughn(sp)????????????????? I have to say, I am a little disappointed that they won't be together.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#118159 - 09/29/03 01:12 PM Re: Alias
Anonymous
Unregistered

It was good last night, although I wasn't disappointed about Vaughn - he bugs me. I do hope they bring Will back, and I was hoping that it wasn't Vaughn at the beginning and the whole 2 year thing was just not true - but it should be interesting twist.

Return to Top
#118160 - 09/29/03 02:50 PM Re: Alias
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Personally, I feel that the biggest improvement was: no more Will and Francie! Yay! The show had grown way beyond them and they had pretty much become annoying dead weight.

Word on the street has it that Weiss and Syd will be roomies for awhile. Weiss is great. He and Marshall oughta team up.

Return to Top
#118161 - 09/29/03 03:11 PM Re: Alias
Kwiltr Offline
100 Club
Where's Syd's Mom? I was glad she got her Dad out of prison, but the twists just aren't the same without her Mom.

I don't care how much humanitarian work Sloane has done, either. I don't trust him and his great revelations.

Did Syd's missing two years have something to do with the Rambaldi artifact? All there was to the completed artifact was a one-word "Peace" message? Come on!

Um, yeah. I guess you could say I'm a fan.

Return to Top
#118162 - 09/29/03 03:12 PM Re: Alias
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree about Francie but I liked Will ok. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Dixon gone, don't like the other new head guy, not a big fan of Weiss, but do like Marshall. definitely miss Lena Olin. I really think they need to infuse some new, interesting characters. I could definitely see them adding someone like Fischer Stevens as an agent, and someone like Charles Dutton as the boss.

Return to Top
#118163 - 09/29/03 03:13 PM Re: Alias
Anonymous
Unregistered

Plus - what's up with the thing on Sid's stomach - that will be something big - and I will make a bet that the big Russian mafioso guy that was stabbed will not be dead - he will appear again.

Return to Top
#118164 - 09/29/03 03:46 PM Re: Alias
Kwiltr Offline
100 Club
Nobody seems to stay dead. Who set up the DNA ID of Syd at the fire scene in her apartment? Whose body was actually there? It must have been the agent who assumed Francie's identity, right? But then, of course, this IS Alias...

If Will is staying on, they need to beef up his character. There's no room here for wimps. I like him, and think they can make him a viable character. He's obviously a survivor, and maybe now is more than a little ticked off at being a victim.

Return to Top
#118165 - 09/29/03 04:17 PM Re: Alias
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Well, just like there was that Francie pseudo-clone-thing, maybe the burned body was a dupe of Syd? Or maybe "our" Syd is a dupe? Nah.

Hope Lena Olin gets a guest shot or two. She is one incandescently spectacular woman.

Return to Top
#118166 - 09/29/03 04:40 PM Re: Alias
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

If Will is staying on, they need to beef up his character. There's no room here for wimps. I like him, and think they can make him a viable character. He's obviously a survivor, and maybe now is more than a little ticked off at being a victim.

I agree here...I like Will!!

The Sloan thing is weird....I wonder what is up the writer's sleeves with this twist...Sloan a good guy, NO WAY!!

Return to Top
#118167 - 09/29/03 04:41 PM Re: Alias
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't care about the plot but isn't Jennifer Garner hot! Boy, does she drive the blood into a frezy in my system!

Return to Top
#118168 - 10/06/03 11:51 AM Re: Alias
TDW Offline
Gold Star
Okay, what was that all about with Syd's mom and dad..."Miss you", "Miss you too". Jack said that he hadn't talked to Arena for a year.

I don't know if I really like Dixon as top dog. I liked him in the field with Syd.

I have a dumb question, I forgot what happened to Francie's double, did she die in the explosion at Syd's apt?

Return to Top
#118169 - 10/06/03 02:45 PM Re: Alias
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Well, ol' Dix needed a new role, 'cuz obviously the producers will want Syd and Vaughn to be the ones in the field together, with the occasional assistance of SpyDad and my man Weiss. So, given that there are a plethora of field agents, they had to find something different for Dixon to do.

Return to Top
#118170 - 10/06/03 03:23 PM Re: Alias
RebekahL CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
RebekahL CRCM
Big Sky Country
Bad Francie died in the house explosion... or Sydney killed her in their fight right before - I can't remember.

Coolest stunt of the night: abducting people via elevator air-lift.

Corniest scene of the night: "missing-a-chunk-of-my-life" support group... puh-leeze

Saw it coming a mile away: Vaughn's formidable wife

Music to my ears moment: "Jennifer Garner has gained weight" (spoken by my husband), "her hips are bigger".

Return to Top
#118171 - 10/06/03 03:31 PM Re: Alias
TDW Offline
Gold Star
Quote:

Corniest scene of the night: "missing-a-chunk-of-my-life" support group... puh-leeze

I agree, that was so corney!! I didn't really like how they brought in Vaughn's wife either....like Syd's outburst in the men's room would really make a person of his rank transfer...come on!

Return to Top
#118172 - 10/06/03 03:56 PM Re: Alias
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Quote:

I didn't really like how they brought in Vaughn's wife either....like Syd's outburst in the men's room would really make a person of his rank transfer...come on!

Ah, but you see, this is his unholy revenge. "Don't want to deal with me? Howzabout I throw in the wife of the love of your life instead? Bwa-ha-ha!"

And, yeah, that support group thing was lame. "Yeah, this kind of thing happens so often that we have a 12-step program for it...they meet in the same room as the alien abductees." Gee, I dunno, if you have a dozen agents all suffering from the same syndrome, don't you think you'd undertake a more zealous effort to solve the problem than just shrugging and saying, "Eh, it takes place so frequently now we hardly even notice it."

Also, that one guy? Some comfort he was. "Are you having soul-killing spirit-crushing nightmares yet? No? Well, you will. See ya next Wednesday!"

Return to Top
#118173 - 10/15/03 12:02 AM Re: Alias
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm going to just throw this out there.....don't you find it strange that Vaughan's new wife has a russian accent (at least that's what it sound's like to me)? And, someone in this week's episode talked about how her father was a governor from Virginia. That just doesn't add up to me. Any thoughts?

Return to Top
#118174 - 10/15/03 02:50 AM Re: Alias
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Actually, I think her dad is a senator from Virginia.

In any case, the actress is from Australia, so maybe this is her idea of some posh blue-blood Virginia aristocracy accent.

Return to Top
#118175 - 10/15/03 11:57 AM Re: Alias
TDW Offline
Gold Star
I can picture that the last show of the season will have Vaughn's wife talking on the phone with Arvin about how to overthrow the CIA....Vaughn and Syd will "almost" kiss and Arena will somehow convince Jack and Syd that she is no longer one of the "bad guys" all the while sleeping with Sark, and we will have to wait till the next season....Just a guess....

Return to Top
#118176 - 10/15/03 12:45 PM Re: Alias
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
As much as I like this show, I think it jumped the shark when the Rimbaldi device simply said "peace." All that intrigue and effort for that ?

Return to Top
#118177 - 10/15/03 02:37 PM Re: Alias
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
The lameness of the Rambaldi revelation was...well, pretty lame. So I gotta think it's a lie on Sloane's part. And even if the writers really meant that the big payoff was the message "Peace", chances are they'll be changing their minds and coming up with a new plot twist for this. The folks behind Alias are pretty responsive to what they see on the Internet (which is one reason why Will butched up last season) and they're bound to see the popular outcry over the Rambaldi anti-climax.

Return to Top
#118178 - 10/21/03 03:49 AM Re: Alias
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Man...I think Syd may be the Kiss of Death, literally. Fiance done got killed, and now she's been forced to stab Vaughn, and I think she and Will locked lips, too, and look where it got him. If I were Weiss, I'd be backing off a little bit and deciding not to get too friendly after all.

Return to Top
#118179 - 11/24/03 07:12 PM Re: Alias
Anonymous
Unregistered

Did anyone see last night, on the previews for next week, that Sydney is trying to retrieve some of her lost memory and she discovers that Lauren had something to do with her disappearance?

Return to Top
#118180 - 11/24/03 07:16 PM Re: Alias
Anonymous
Unregistered

I did see that. And, it wouldn't surprise me if Lauren did have something to do with Syd's disappearance and memory loss because something about Lauren seems a little mysterious and not quite right. But, what would Lauren have against Syd at that point in time? She didn't get together with Vaughan until after Syd's "death".

Return to Top
#118181 - 11/24/03 07:34 PM Re: Alias
RebekahL CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
RebekahL CRCM
Big Sky Country
And why would Lauren help in Sydney's escape if she was involved in her past life? Wouldn't she have considered that the perfect opportunity to "bury the past"?

And how about ol' Sloan taking one for the team? (I still can't bring myself to believe that he really is a good guy.)

And another thing .... wasn't the mad scientist doctor the very same gent who originally talked Syd out of having the neural stimulation in the first place?

Too many questions!!!!

At least Marshall offers some great comic relief - hacking into the NSC database with an X-Box was priceless!

Return to Top
#118182 - 11/24/03 08:13 PM Re: Alias
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Quote:

And another thing .... wasn't the mad scientist doctor the very same gent who originally talked Syd out of having the neural stimulation in the first place?

I believe it was a different dude. Last night's mad doctor was played by Erick Avari, a classic Hey!It'sThatGuy character actor. Usually he gets the role of Obnoxious (or Sinister) Guy of Indeterminate Middle Eastern Descent. You might remember him as the doomed museum boss from The Mummy. Or as the tribal leader from the movie Stargate.

Regardless, he suffered the fate of every mad doctor on Alias. I think every evil medico and torturer has eventually been dispatched, except maybe The World's Worst Dentist from the pilot, who later reappeared for his unholy vengeance.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3