Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1184038 - 05/14/09 09:31 PM Gift Cards for Employees
ksm Offline
Gold Star
ksm
Midwest
HR asked marketing to complete a card to hold a gift card to give to employees.
The card says:
You've been given a Visa Gift Card. It's a pre-paid card, not a credit card, and can be used anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted.
Due to the nature of certian purchases, the full puchase amount may not be known when your card is initially swiped for approval. Your card may not be used for these cases: Restaurant, gas at the pump, hotel, auto rental and online gambling.
See the Terms and Condition on our bank Intranet.

Is this enough or should we disclose the terms?

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1184083 - 05/14/09 10:06 PM Re: Gift Cards for Employees ksm
Andy_Z Online
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Send me a card for review and I'll let you know. smile

I believe the bank is the purchaser and needs the terms. They don't have to be given to the employee, but I think that is a good idea. Many allow you to register the card in case it is lost, to review the balance, and to know what fees and dormancy rules apply.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#1184273 - 05/15/09 01:38 PM Re: Gift Cards for Employees Andy_Z
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
As Andy mentioned, there are several aspects that could be important to the cardholders. Depending on the value of the card, you might want to strengthen the language to "encourage" them to view Terms on Intranet. And I am assuming that all employees that may receive the card will have access to the Intranet.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z