Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1184880 - 05/15/09 08:08 PM SAR filing and on going activity
nemsi Offline
Gold Star
This is how I do it, when a SAR is filed that person is added to a SAR review spreadsheet and activity is monitored/documented with additional SARs filed every 90 days for any on-going activity. The SAR review file is considered open for 12 months- from the date of the most recent SAR filed. If the activity does not reoccur within 12 months that SAR file is closed. If the same activity resumes after 13,14 months a new SAR is filed- with only a reference in narrative that a SAR was filed for the same activity; dates, etc. included. The date range and amount (lines 33 and 34) do not include the original date and amount. At a recent BSA seminar I understood the facilitator to say that if there was a 90 day period that the activity did not occur any additionals filings would be new filings. He said this was documented in a SAR Activity Review. I have tried to find a reference to this in the SAR Activity Reviews and can't find it. If someone knows where I can find a discussion on this, please let me know!

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1184916 - 05/15/09 08:24 PM Re: SAR filing and on going activity nemsi
Deena Offline
Power Poster
Deena
PA
See this prior thread .

Return to Top
#1184976 - 05/15/09 08:54 PM Re: SAR filing and on going activity Deena
nemsi Offline
Gold Star
Thanks Deena. I spent so much time searching the SAR Activity Reviews that I failed to search the place I normally search first- BOL. Thanks again.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z