Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1246325 - 09/08/09 04:53 PM Re: Just some good thoughts and some prayers KTMiteComply
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Originally Posted By: KTMiteComply
I can't even begin to imagine Peej!!!! CAN'T EVEN!!!! {{{{hugs}}}}} and prayers for you and for your son & family!!! I'm so thankful for him and all the wonderful men and women who serve this awesome country...as well as their families too!!!!
Big time ditto^^^^ I'd be nuts if it were my son. ((hugs)) and prayers all around until he's safely back on US soil for good. Please keep us posted.

Return to Top
#1246599 - 09/08/09 07:57 PM Re: Just some good thoughts and some prayers Truffle Royale
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
Ditta what Truff said. I'd be crazy (my son is only 10 but i can't EVEN imagine!!)

Return to Top
#1246619 - 09/08/09 08:05 PM Re: Just some good thoughts and some prayers bOaty
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers.

My son will be 31 in November and I have a hard time talking about this- I get very emotional- nice to know I'm not alone.

Return to Top
#1246634 - 09/08/09 08:08 PM Re: Just some good thoughts and some prayers pjs
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
My ex-husband really wanted my son to go into the Marines (the ex is an ex-Marine), but I so didn't want him to. He turned 40 this year and works for a national insurance company, so hopefully I won't have this problem, but I really feel for you.

Return to Top
#1249320 - 09/12/09 12:27 AM Re: Just some good thoughts and some prayers Bagweaver
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
I know a few people whose sons and daughters are overseas, and I cannot even imagine the breathless waiting on pins and needles until they arrive home save.

91st Psalm

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

Return to Top
#1249321 - 09/12/09 01:01 AM Re: Just some good thoughts and some prayers Princess Romeo
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Thank you so much!
My son suffered a severe set back with the small pox virus they injected him with. He can't use his right arm and his arm pits have golf size balls and he has suffered from the chills that last 30 minutes and then he gets the sweats for 30 minutes. Recovery time is up to 30 days. I talked with him last night via the computer as he was up since 1:30 AM because he couldn't sleep. He had a good attitude but was feeling like crud. He missed a day of work over this. My DIL talked with him today and he is feeling somewhat better.
I hate that he suffers with that small pox but I was happy to have talked with him. It is somewhat rare because of the time difference that we connect.

Return to Top
#1249342 - 09/12/09 05:37 AM Re: Just some good thoughts and some prayers pjs
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Oh ugh! That sounds miserable. But better to have the uncomfortable reaction than to come down with the real thing!

Return to Top
#1249388 - 09/13/09 11:09 PM Re: Just some good thoughts and some prayers Princess Romeo
TINKerBell Offline
Power Poster
TINKerBell
Tiger's Den!
Hey Patrice....just read that he was home and back to Kuwait. Just know he is still on the pryaer list at church...and I keep all of you in my pryaers each day. Hang in there my friend....God is watching over him and his fellow soldiers!

Return to Top
#1250059 - 09/15/09 01:10 AM Re: Just some good thoughts and some prayers TINKerBell
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Thanks Karen- you know I appreciate that very much. Just had some news tonite that is not what I want to hear. More stuff is happening in Kuwait that is not good. Plus they want some of the guys to go over to Afganistan and work on the trucks at an army base. I'm not going to lie- I'm scared.
I keep on praying for them all.

Return to Top
#1250092 - 09/15/09 10:57 AM Re: Just some good thoughts and some prayers pjs
Tigg Offline
Power Poster
Tigg
Looking for My Happy Place....
Continued prayers for you and them, peej. ♥ you.

My opinion only.

Return to Top
#1262113 - 10/06/09 01:45 PM Re: Just some good thoughts and some prayers Tigg
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
This past Sunday I finally got to talk to my son via computer. It had been a month since I last talked with him. Their internet had been down and there were no plans to fix it until the holiday was over. Lots of wacked things were going on over there during that holiday. One thing- construction work was going on across from where he lives and the workers hit a water line and his street became a lake. That is finally fixed but not until the holiday was over with.
More people have come over- they still need about 75 people to have a second shift. He still is working on the trucks 6 days a week- 15 hour days. There is talk about sending 100 guys over to Afghanistan to work - he would have to come back to the states for more training and shots and work papers before being shipped over there tho- he wants more info on it he told me before he makes a decision. I told him what I thought but told him he had to make his own decision. Anyhow - he could see me but I couldn't see him when we were talking and that was a bummer to me.

Anyhow- I was just thankful we connected Sunday. It was so good to hear his voice.

Return to Top
#1262297 - 10/06/09 04:58 PM Re: Just some good thoughts and some prayers pjs
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
the internet is a wonderful tool, until it gets the bug!

but I am sure it was wonderful talking to him...

Return to Top
#1262308 - 10/06/09 05:23 PM Re: Just some good thoughts and some prayers Pale Rider
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Yes, it was good hearing his voice. He won't be home for any holidays. They don't get enough days off to come back home.

Return to Top
#1316616 - 01/03/10 04:25 PM Re: Just some good thoughts and some prayers pjs
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Just want to say thanks for the prayers and for remembering my son. It's appreciated so much. Matt's address has changed without much warning although he is still somewhere in Kuwait.
Hopefully in January they will all find out when they are due to come home. So much going on over there that we do not hear about via the public news so I am praying that they all get home safe.

Return to Top
#1316653 - 01/04/10 01:54 PM Re: Just some good thoughts and some prayers pjs
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
Can't wait to hear that he's home and safe!!!

Return to Top
#1316803 - 01/04/10 03:53 PM Re: Just some good thoughts and some prayers Mrs. Rizzo
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
My heart is with you, pjs. I know how hard it is to be missing a loved one and all you can do is pray for their well-being.

Return to Top
#1316902 - 01/04/10 05:20 PM Re: Just some good thoughts and some prayers Becka Marr
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
I hope he comes home to you soon pjs!!

Return to Top
#1317495 - 01/05/10 12:15 PM Re: Just some good thoughts and some prayers bOaty
TINKerBell Offline
Power Poster
TINKerBell
Tiger's Den!
Continued prayers for him and for you too Patrice....hopefully he will come home soon!

Return to Top
#1326222 - 01/18/10 08:43 PM Re: Just some good thoughts and some prayers TINKerBell
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
I've been woohooing for awhile now since I got word that my son and his crew will be on their way home from Kuwait on May 31st. As a team they decided to stay on until May 31st (they could have left March 31st) because of the critical need to finish those vehicles and also the government would like them to work on 2 other types of vehicles for the next couple of months. I'm proud they decided to stay and help as a team.

They do get 2 weeks paid R&R - which my son put down when his oldest boy is on spring break but so did everyone else in that group so do not know how they will work that. I don't know if it's a good thing for him to come back home for two weeks or not- but it was his decision to take the R&R so be it! Personally, I can't wait to see him and hug him!

Now I just need him and the others to come home safe. I'm also grateful for those that protected him and the others. Matt said he made friends for life with a lot of those guys.

Matt and the others also were told that they have done an outstanding job on the vehicles. Him and his crew are the best!

Return to Top
#1326229 - 01/18/10 09:16 PM Re: Just some good thoughts and some prayers pjs
Tigg Offline
Power Poster
Tigg
Looking for My Happy Place....
Great news peej! smile

My opinion only.

Return to Top
#1326269 - 01/19/10 12:32 PM Re: Just some good thoughts and some prayers Tigg
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Glad to hear it, pjs!

Return to Top
#1326274 - 01/19/10 01:14 PM Re: Just some good thoughts and some prayers Retired DQ
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
Great News Peej! They're all in my thoughts and prayers.

Return to Top
#1326302 - 01/19/10 02:07 PM Re: Just some good thoughts and some prayers Snow Bunny
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!

So happy for you!!!

Return to Top
#1326695 - 01/19/10 07:38 PM Re: Just some good thoughts and some prayers Mrs. Rizzo
East Texas Offline
Diamond Poster
East Texas
Glad for the great update! My thanks for his service and my prayers for his safe return.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett