Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1267350 - 10/15/09 06:27 PM Extended Valuation SSL Certificates (EV SSL)
NB569 Offline
Has anyone heard of any requirement for banks to obtain EV SSL Certificates in 2010? Our IT Department was told by a vendor that financial institutions will be required to purchase these and I can't find any information/requirements for them other than website for the companies that sell them. Any direction you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1268823 - 10/19/09 03:05 PM Re: Extended Valuation SSL Certificates (EV SSL) NB569
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I haven't heard of this. A call to your regulator may be in order. This would almost tie you to a use of a particular technology, which the regulators don't do. Still, there are various vendors, but they're limited.

If you ask and get something, please post a follow-up as others will want to know as well. Sometimes vendors offering such products get carried away and it would be good to know if that was happening here.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#1269502 - 10/20/09 01:35 PM Re: Extended Valuation SSL Certificates (EV SSL) Andy_Z
NB569 Offline
Thanks, Andy. I have asked several others about it as well and they've never heard of it either. I have a feeling that it's just someone trying to get us to purchase their product.

Return to Top
#1271867 - 10/22/09 06:30 PM Re: Extended Valuation SSL Certificates (EV SSL) NB569
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
And if that is the case, the vendor wanting to imply requirements to facilitate a sale, it won't be the first or last time, but they'd sure fall down a rung or two on my respect ladder.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z