Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1127995 - 02/11/09 05:16 PM UIGEA Notifications??
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
From the BA UIGEA FAQs:

Quote:
25. With respect to the notification that should be sent to all of a participant's commercial customers that restricted transactions are prohibited from being processed through the account or relationship, is a participant required to send a notice for each applicable account or a single notice per relationship sufficient?

The final rule is silent on this issue. The core requirement in §.6(b)(3) is simply that "the participant notifies all of its commercial customers…." We will try to get clarification from the agencies regarding this question.

26. Is this notice only required one-time as of the compliance effective date of this regulation to any existing commercial customers at that time or should a non-exempt participant send this notice on an ongoing basis (e.g. annually)?

This notice is required only once.

27. Which commercial customers are required to be sent this notice, commercial customers in effect as of 1/19/09 or as of 12/1/09?

Is a financial institution required to send any periodic notices to its existing customers related to this Regulation?

This one time notice would apply to any commercial customers that were not subject to the UIGEA due diligence process when they opened an account. If the bank implements these requirements on 12/1/2009, then it would apply to all commercial accounts opened on 11/30/2009 or earlier.

It may also be prudent, going forward from the compliance date of the final rule, that a bank should provide notification (one time) to new commercial customers.

This going-forward notification need not be a "notice." It could be a provision within the account terms. See discussion on page 69393 of FR notice.

There is no requirement that this notice be sent more than one time to commercial customers.

Does anyone know the status of this notice to commercial customers? DO we need to make our own? crazy

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#1284604 - 11/10/09 07:03 PM Re: UIGEA Notifications?? Retired DQ
Night Train Offline
Diamond Poster
Night Train
Down South
Deekles,

Where can I find the rest of these FAQs?

Thanks,

Return to Top
#1285075 - 11/11/09 02:07 PM Re: UIGEA Notifications?? Retired DQ
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
There is no model form and there has been no announcement that there will be one. Most banks are writing their own or relying on language provided by a vendor. Some of the Reg GG threads here include samples, some good, some not so good.

Return to Top
#1285077 - 11/11/09 02:16 PM Re: UIGEA Notifications?? Elwood P. Dowd
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX

Return to Top
#1285085 - 11/11/09 02:59 PM Re: UIGEA Notifications?? rlcarey
Night Train Offline
Diamond Poster
Night Train
Down South
rlcarey,

Thank you for the link. I saw the BA reference from Deekles and never put it with ABA for some reason.

Again, thanks and have a nice day! smile

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett