Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1283770 - 11/09/09 09:18 PM Review of employee accounts
GoneToTexas Offline
100 Club
Texas
For those of you who perform some sort of review of employee accounts: Do the employees know that their accounts are subject to review? I'm wondering whether employees being aware that their accounts are reviewed makes them think twice about trying something funny, or if they just do it some other way than through their own account. Thoughts?

Return to Top
Human Resources
#1283944 - 11/09/09 11:48 PM Re: Review of employee accounts GoneToTexas
'Lil Freak! Offline
10K Club
'Lil Freak!
The psych ward
Our personnel policy specifically points out that Internal Audit reviews activity on all employee accounts for propriety. Is this a deterrent? Not always….

Return to Top
#1290339 - 11/20/09 02:59 PM Re: Review of employee accounts 'Lil Freak!
CheshireAliCat Offline
100 Club
NJ
Our employee handbook has the policy listed, we mention it during intial training, and at the opening of the first account, but we are constantly amazed, and not in a "happliy surprised" way...

Return to Top
#1291000 - 11/20/09 09:17 PM Re: Review of employee accounts CheshireAliCat
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
Employees anually submit a form listing all accounts related to them. There is notice in the employee handbook their accounts are subject to review.

Return to Top
#1316592 - 01/03/10 03:34 AM Re: Review of employee accounts Fraudman CFCI
doorsfan1974 Offline
doorsfan1974
Birmingham, AL
My personal advice is to not bank where you work. You don't want your financial information floating around at your own financial institution. And also, the Internal Audit department audit's employee accounts reqularly, and that is another invasion of privacy. I have a story about when I worked for Superior Bank in Birmingham. Back in 2006 I had a car accident, and the insurance company "totalled" out my car and issued me a check for the value of my car. Fortunately, I had equity in my car, so I was able to deposit $3000.00 of the check into my checking account that I could use to pay down on a new car. Well, one day, the Director of Security at my bank actually called me in to ask me about the recent "large deposit" to my account. I was appalled that they were asking me about my personal account, and about a totally legitimate transaction. I was offended by this invasion of privacy. You would think at least before they called me out, that the bank would have the technology to determine that this was an insurance check, and not just a "cash" deposit. My gosh! Everybody in the bank knew I had a car accident! Well, I wound up closing my "employee" account and I took my personal business to another financial institution. There are too may banks offering "free checking" to the public. So who wants to open up their private finances to their employer? It's beyond me!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Gayla Sherry