Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#1322626 - 01/12/10 03:08 PM Wife lost the baby...
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
My wife lost the baby Saturday night. She was 7 weeks along. We had already had an ultrasound and saw the heart beat just four days before. We spent about 5 hours in the ER Saturday. It's been a pretty tough couple of days. She's still in some pain, but we saw the doctor yesterday. If she's not feeling any better this afternoon, then she'll have surgery tomorrow.

And to make it even worse, my 10 month old puppy had a seizure this morning.

Return to Top
#1322636 - 01/12/10 03:12 PM Re: Wife lost the baby... Skunk Boy
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
So sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.

Return to Top
#1322641 - 01/12/10 03:14 PM Re: Wife lost the baby... Skunk Boy
Buccs Offline
Power Poster
Ohio
frown

Sorry to hear SB. This too shall pass. Both of my sisters have gone through miscarriages and it's never an easy situation.

Also- what kind of dog? Some breeds have a predisposition to epilepsey- we had a neighbor that had an epileptic labrador and kept it well under control with meds.

Return to Top
#1322642 - 01/12/10 03:14 PM Re: Wife lost the baby... Skunk Boy
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Oh, SB, I'm so sorry for your loss. I don't know what else to say except I'll say a prayer for you and your wife and your angel baby.

As for the puppy, it might have been a fluke. If not, medication to control seisures is cheap and (wo)man or animal can live usually live with it easily and sometimes even outgrow it.

Hang in there. ((hugs))

Return to Top
#1322646 - 01/12/10 03:15 PM Re: Wife lost the baby... Skunk Boy
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
I am so very sorry. So sorry.
I understand, really I do. I lost one baby at 14 weeks and one at 6 weeks. I am so sorry. I preferred not to say "miscarriage" - these were and are my children. I feel your loss and I am sorry.

I had the surgery right away.
I made the decision, didn't let my hubby have much say in the whole thing.

My prayers are with you and the Mrs. for physical as well as emotional healing. Let yourselves grieve. Know that you are being held up in prayer from one parent to Angels in Heaven to another.

Return to Top
#1322658 - 01/12/10 03:22 PM Re: Wife lost the baby... QCL
Sandy Beech Offline
Power Poster
Sandy Beech
^i^
OMG, SB. How terrible!!! I'm so sorry for your loss!! frown

Return to Top
#1322662 - 01/12/10 03:25 PM Re: Wife lost the baby... Sandy Beech
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
frown *hugs*

Return to Top
#1322672 - 01/12/10 03:34 PM Re: Wife lost the baby... Ops
Ready to Retire Offline
Diamond Poster
Living in the land of Oz
I'm so sorry to hear that SB. I too lost a baby at almost 3 months. I still remember the hollow feeling and the tears. My thoughts and prayers are with you. As a word of encouragement, I went on to have two perfectly normal pregnancies so don't give up.

Return to Top
#1322677 - 01/12/10 03:36 PM Re: Wife lost the baby... Ops
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
SB - I'm so sorry for your loss. Take care of your wife and yourself and give yourselves time to grieve.

Return to Top
#1322728 - 01/12/10 03:58 PM Re: Wife lost the baby... Skittles
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
So sorry to hear this SB. frown While we did not have a miscarriage, we lost our daughter at 7 months into the pregnancy. She was born and died after about 45 minutes. It was a one in a million kind of thing.

Show your wife all the love you can, she will need your strength and support.

Be strong and hang in there. You have a lot of prayers going up for you and your wife.

Return to Top
#1322743 - 01/12/10 04:04 PM Re: Wife lost the baby... Skittles
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
Thanks everyone for their kind words.

I was home yesterday taking care of my wife. We didn't opt for the surgery right away, because yesterday at the doctor it looked like she passed everything, but the surgery would help things get better more quickly, so we'll see how she is later today.

She's taking the dog in this morning to the vet - he's a boxer, and they are not really prone to epilepsy. The only thing we can think of is maybe lyme's disease... he did have a lot of ticks when we got him at 6 weeks, but we've had a couple of blood tests since then so I would have thought it would have been caught, but that's the only reason that really makes sense to us with him being so young. He's always seemed healthy other than this - and i suspect this is atleast his second (not knowing if anything happened with us not around). He might have had one back around Christmas, but it was the middle of the night and we didn't know if it was a dream or not. today there was no mistaking it.

I know we'll both get through these hard times.... it's just been hard and things turned badly so quickly.

Return to Top
#1322746 - 01/12/10 04:05 PM Re: Wife lost the baby... DD Regs
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
So very sorry to hear of your loss.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1322769 - 01/12/10 04:14 PM Re: Wife lost the baby... RR Joker
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Oh, SB, I am so very sorry to learn of the loss of your child. Prayers are going up from Illinois for you and your wife. I know the pain you are dealing with, and it's awful. People tend to try to comfort you with "there will be other babies", "you can try again", etc., but please acknowledge and process your own and your wife's grief. This was your child, eagerly anticipated, wrapped up in many hopes, plans, and dreams. It may take a long time to make peace with his/her death. I hope that you will grow closer and stronger as a couple because of this experience. May God bless you both with healing.

Return to Top
#1322787 - 01/12/10 04:25 PM Re: Wife lost the baby... BurntSienna
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Return to Top
#1322788 - 01/12/10 04:25 PM Re: Wife lost the baby... BurntSienna
waldensouth Online
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Loving prayers are being said for you and your wife as you grieve for your lost baby. {{hugs}}

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1322804 - 01/12/10 04:30 PM Re: Wife lost the baby... waldensouth
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
So sorry to hear that SB. Prayers going up from my little corner of PA.

Return to Top
#1322807 - 01/12/10 04:31 PM Re: Wife lost the baby... waldensouth
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
I'm so sorry for the loss of your baby.

One of my pups is being treated for Lyme disease right now, and it took a special blood test to diagnose it.

Return to Top
#1322841 - 01/12/10 04:46 PM Re: Wife lost the baby... hmdagal
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
So sorry to hear of your loss. As mentioned by others, it is important to allow yourself to grieve.

I lost my second child and could easily have decked a few well-meaning friends who told me how lucky I was that I lost the baby early. NOT what I wanted to hear. You don't feel lucky at all when you lose your child, regardless of how far down the road you are.

Everyone handles loss differently. I found comfort in occasionally buying baby things for the "next time". It concerned my husband, but to me it was how I put my faith in action and reaffirmed to myself that there would be a next time (and there was was). Find what works for you and support your wife in whatever works for her.

I opted to wait on the surgery thinking everything would be fine; my doctor everything had passed well so it probably wouldn't be necessary. I ended up having it about 6 months later. Wasn't a big deal, just a long weekend to rest and I was back at work.

God bless you both.

Return to Top
#1322844 - 01/12/10 04:47 PM Re: Wife lost the baby... hmdagal
'Lil Freak! Offline
10K Club
'Lil Freak!
The psych ward
So sorry SB. Prayers for you and your wife.

Return to Top
#1322849 - 01/12/10 04:49 PM Re: Wife lost the baby... hmdagal
East Texas Offline
Diamond Poster
East Texas
SB, words are inadequate and since I have not walked in your shoes, I will not try. I will pray and God can supply the comfort, peace, and strength you and your sweetheart need right now. A friend of mine lost a baby at about 6 months and found a support group called Angel Babies at a local church. She said it helped tremendously. I encourage you to find others who have been where you are and have coped well. You will need all the support you can get. God bless you.

Jeremiah 29:11, John 14:27

Return to Top
#1322850 - 01/12/10 04:49 PM Re: Wife lost the baby... BrendaC
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Oh SB, I'm so sorry to hear this. Know that you and your wife are in my thoughts and prayers.

Return to Top
#1322860 - 01/12/10 04:54 PM Re: Wife lost the baby... hmdagal
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
SB, I'll also say a prayer for your little pup; hope you can find a good vet and medication if needed. It's always possible the seizure was brought on by a fever, but if he's had more than one, he should be evaluated and tested.

My brother's labrador takes anti-seizure meds (phenobarbitol) daily and does pretty well. It's very inexpensive and they are small pills, easy to hide in cheese or peanut butter to get him to take it. He hadn't had a seizure in over a year until recently, he had 2, so they upped the dosage. Best of luck with the dog. smile

Return to Top
#1322879 - 01/12/10 05:06 PM Re: Wife lost the baby... BurntSienna
JustMe! Offline
Gold Star
wishful thinking ...
SB, I am sorry for your loss. My heart breaks for you. I will be praying for you and your wife as you survive this tough time.

Return to Top
#1322880 - 01/12/10 05:06 PM Re: Wife lost the baby... BurntSienna
La. Lady Offline
Diamond Poster
La. Lady
Oh....I am so sorry for both of you....Please extend my sympathies to your wife.....I can't imagine the difficulty. My thoughts and special prayers are going your way..for strength, courage and peace ....

God will get you both through this. Please remember that your little one is in His care.

Return to Top
#1322906 - 01/12/10 05:20 PM Re: Wife lost the baby... La. Lady
RobinS Offline
100 Club
NorthWest
So sorry for your loss - sending hugs to you and your wife. Without going into detail, my husband and I lost a child and we know it hurts like "h-e-double-toothpicks." I did find a book that helped me cope the first few months - Empty Arms: Coping After Miscarriage, Stillbirth and Infant Death. If either one of you are readers you may gain comfort in the words.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett