BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1334534 - 01/30/10 02:31 PM Please Pray for My Granchildren
La. Lady Offline
Diamond Poster
La. Lady
Because divorced parents are fighting bitterly over money...my grandchildren are not allow to visit or talk to my husband and I. This isn't the first time this has happened...but now they are older (5 and 6 years old).

According to their mother, the only way they will be allowed to see us again is if we tell our son to give up custody .....We will never do such a thing .....

Without going into the sorted details of why this is happening and his and her intentions.......I know the kids must be so lonesome. They must be very confused. The youngest called me before 6:00 am one morning. We think he found his mom cell phone and we are probably on a "speed dial" number...In any case he was whispering...that was about 2 weeks ago....we have not heard since.....The mother however continues to contact me by telephone texting....She told me when the kids went to the doctor and then when the youngest lost his first tooth.... But she still refused to all us to speak with them....

Please say a short prayer for them......I am about nuts over this but I am a grownup......They are just babies....

Thanks

Return to Top
#1334541 - 01/30/10 05:54 PM Re: Please Pray for My Granchildren La. Lady
Tigg Offline
Power Poster
Tigg
Looking for My Happy Place....
Oh, Kath - how awful! Prayers for all of you.

My opinion only.

Return to Top
#1334553 - 01/30/10 10:20 PM Re: Please Pray for My Granchildren Tigg
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I'm confused, if your son has custody, does he not have vistation rights? Why couldn't he faciliate this interaction during that time?

Return to Top
#1334575 - 01/31/10 08:25 PM Re: Please Pray for My Granchildren rlcarey
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
This is one of those cases where we have to believe in the power of prayer, Randy. Granny is a dear friend so I know this is a very convoluted situation. What you or I would think to be sop just isn't the case with her son and former dil. I know her heart is aching because the kids are caught in the middle and being used by the mother.

My dear friend, you have my prayers and ((hugs)) for you too. Hopefully, the dust will settle soon and you'll see your grandchildren again.

Return to Top
#1334592 - 02/01/10 12:01 AM Re: Please Pray for My Granchildren Truffle Royale
KTMiteComply Offline
Power Poster
KTMiteComply
only if I want to....
Prayers going up for you friend and for those precious babies!!! May God grant you wisdom, peace and guidance and peace and protection for your gbabies! May hearts be softened and love flow to do the right thing for the little ones!

Keep us posted!

Return to Top
#1334619 - 02/01/10 01:38 PM Re: Please Pray for My Granchildren KTMiteComply
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Prayers from Ohio. I feel your pain- keep strong!

Return to Top
#1334656 - 02/01/10 02:18 PM Re: Please Pray for My Granchildren pjs
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
may God's grace intervene in this horrid situation

Return to Top
#1334734 - 02/01/10 03:53 PM Re: Please Pray for My Granchildren Pale Rider
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
How horrible. I hope it all works out for you and the kids. frown

Return to Top
#1334770 - 02/01/10 04:21 PM Re: Please Pray for My Granchildren Retired DQ
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Granny, I'm so sorry for your pain and the pain and confusion your grandchildren must be feeling. May God place His healing hands on this situation. Heal the wounded hearts and change the heart of the mom.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1334785 - 02/01/10 04:35 PM Re: Please Pray for My Granchildren waldensouth
manylayers Offline
Gold Star
manylayers
PA
Granny,

I will never understand parents that view their kids as either playthings or pawns...

Write to your grandchildren...even if they can't read...what is important is that they know you're thinking of them and you are always there. It WILL matter in the days and years to come.

If you don't think that their mother will share the cards with them, send them to your son...have him save the cards for the kids so they can re-read them later.

I can't tell you what it meant to my hubby's brother who grew up believing that his mother abandoned him...but while cleaning out his father's house, he found all her cards and letters (thankfully dad did not throw them out) and realized that she'd reached out to him on every important day...and tons of other regular ones. They have spent the last 10 years building a wonderful relationship.

Return to Top
#1334794 - 02/01/10 04:39 PM Re: Please Pray for My Granchildren waldensouth
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
Granny I can so sympathize with your situation. While I do get to see my kids pretty regularly and make sure they get to spend time with my parents it is very difficult. Their mother has been very nasty with my parents and it is very hard on my kids. We were required to attend a class about helping children through divorce and it stressed the importance of allowing the kids to have contact with their extended families regardless of bad feelings, apparently someone wasn't paying attention.

It is so sad when someone puts their own greed and need for vengeance ahead of what is best for the kids. They are children, not bargaining chips or pawns in some twisted game. Prayers for your grand kids and for your whole family.

Return to Top
#1335009 - 02/01/10 07:03 PM Re: Please Pray for My Granchildren thomasj
East Texas Offline
Diamond Poster
East Texas
Words don't adequately express the emotions I felt when I read your post, Granny. This touches too many of our families. I pray that God will be allowed to take control of the situation and that He will protect the kids. I pray that things will settle down and that the best interest of the kids will be considered. Virtual hugs for you!!

Return to Top
#1335391 - 02/01/10 11:32 PM Re: Please Pray for My Granchildren East Texas
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Sorry to hear this, and I feel so bad for your grandkids. I hoep the courts clean up this nasty mess and that the kids get what they need in teh end.

Return to Top
#1335622 - 02/02/10 03:48 PM Re: Please Pray for My Granchildren Dip
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
Prayers for all of you during this tough time.

Return to Top
#1335776 - 02/02/10 05:29 PM Re: Please Pray for My Granchildren hmdagal
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
I'll add my prayers to those already going up. As a grandmother myself I can imagine how difficult this is for you and for your grandchildren. May the god of your understanding give you the strength to be strong in this mess and as much as possible, to be that strong loving presense in your grandchildrens lives.

Return to Top
#1335783 - 02/02/10 05:33 PM Re: Please Pray for My Granchildren thomasj
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Originally Posted By: thomasj
It is so sad when someone puts their own greed and need for vengeance ahead of what is best for the kids. They are children, not bargaining chips or pawns in some twisted game. Prayers for your grand kids and for your whole family.

I couldn't have said it better, thomasj. This just bothers me to no end. Kids are so innocent and should come first above all else.

Granny, your grandkids and your family are in my prayers.

Return to Top
#1336575 - 02/03/10 04:10 PM Re: Please Pray for My Granchildren Bones
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
G4IG, does your state allow for the grandparents to sue for visitation rights?

Return to Top
#1336700 - 02/03/10 05:19 PM Re: Please Pray for My Granchildren Bones
La. Lady Offline
Diamond Poster
La. Lady
Hello everyone.

Thanks to each of you who may have offered a small prayer...or just a thought or even wondered why such a thing was allowed. I' grateful.....

This is a very difficult situation and one that doesn't seem even hopeful right now....but it is nonetheless there and my husband, and I .........and my grandbabies have to deal with it.

Yes, Randy, my son should be the one facilitating the visitation since he does have joint custody.....but he doesn't. You see he doesn't see his kids as often as a father should. I do know why....but I still find it difficult to understand.

Before I go any further..My son is our only child..and he wasn't raised the way he is living his life. His dad and I were loving and involved in his life...We worked at our jobs and are still hard working indivuduals at 61 and 63 years old.....

My son was raised to attend church, to respect himself and others..I am astounded that he shows little interest in these kids....he shows only interest in a "fight" which he is, quite frankly, losing..........Now whether you believe me or not, I don't think that children always learn what they live........

My son has 4 children now with 3 mothers, ranging from 9 years old to 1 month old...Those children are the most precious and beautiful gifts.

While I don't blame any one parent individually, I DO place the blame heavily on BOTH of them. She uses her children as pawns to get more money or whatever she wants either from him or from my husband and I. For a long time we played her game, because we wanted to stay in contact with the kids.

Without going into a very long complicated and depressing story let me just say that we can't play her game anymore....not financially....nor mentally.....The strain is too much.

Thomas, I have sent cards to the kids, telling them we love them and miss them and to do really good in school. I can't say that she will allow them to get the cards.

My very good friend from BOL (Truffle) has been my best support. She shakes me up when I need it and sends hugs along with the shake up. I don't know what I would have done without her. She is and has been the best friend I never met.
Thanks, Barb.....

Today......We still haven't spoken to the kidsand I was reminded that unless my son turns custody over to her....complete custody.....that we will NOT see or speak to them again.......I think her idea (not sure if that would work) is to have her new husband adopt them and then allow them to draw from his disability......Oh yeah, this mother is a work of art.......

Return to Top
#1336747 - 02/03/10 05:51 PM Re: Please Pray for My Granchildren La. Lady
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
This is one time I feel blessed to be single and have no family of my own. I just can't imagine how all this feels. Other than the complete frustration.
Hugs and prayers for you all.
Most importantly, prayers for the wife/mother that she will open her eyes and heart to what she is doing.

Return to Top
#1337070 - 02/03/10 09:50 PM Re: Please Pray for My Granchildren Mrs. Rizzo
at CFB Offline
IL
Here's praying that someday the Mother will see that her actions changes who her children are....this will affect them for the rest of their lives and how they handle their own relationships and their own children. So sad...such a shame to do this to those precious babies who didn't ask for this! Sounds like the only stability the kids have in the situation is Granny and hubby and that's being taken away from them.

Return to Top
#1338537 - 02/05/10 04:26 PM Re: Please Pray for My Granchildren at CFB
La. Lady Offline
Diamond Poster
La. Lady
Got to our grandchildren last night...It was good for them and good for us....Not sure what brought it on..or how long that will last...We are resting in the fact that it did happen...Just thought I'd let you guys know....again thanks for the thoughts and prayers.....
Last edited by Go 4 It Granny; 02/05/10 04:27 PM.

Return to Top
#1338611 - 02/05/10 05:00 PM Re: Please Pray for My Granchildren La. Lady
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
I hope everything works out well for your family. I remember a period of time (at least six years) when my grandparents could not see my cousins, and sympathize greatly with your situation.

Return to Top
#1338737 - 02/05/10 06:24 PM Re: Please Pray for My Granchildren Becka Marr
East Texas Offline
Diamond Poster
East Texas
God is faithful! He will work it all out for good. Keep trusting in Him....even on the dark days. He doesn't go away...and He's with the children too. He never promised that we'd have sunshine without rain....but He's promised to walk with us through the rain. God bless you! Micah 7:7

Return to Top
#1338751 - 02/05/10 06:30 PM Re: Please Pray for My Granchildren East Texas
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
So glad you got to see them last night and pray that this continues!! For their well being as well as your peace of mind.

Return to Top
#1339086 - 02/05/10 09:38 PM Re: Please Pray for My Granchildren corkygirl
FloBear Offline
Gold Star
Oklahoma
So glad you got to see your grandchildren!! Continued prayers for a resolution that is good for the kids and you!

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett