Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#137651 - 12/09/03 08:57 PM JHA Silverlake CIP question
BBoyd Offline
Diamond Poster
BBoyd
MI
We're using the Multi-ID field to capture ID info and using the risk rating codes from the last update. We're going around and around on this question: if we have an existing CIF with no open accounts, and that customer comes back in to open an account, how can we track this without creating a new CIF for the customer? How are the rest of you handling this? We want to try to avoid duplicate CIFs, yet track the needed information. Seems like JHA could provide some additional required fields for all of us rather than causing some of us to request custom coding. Help!

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#137652 - 12/09/03 10:25 PM Re: JHA Silverlake CIP question
Cowboys Fan Offline
Power Poster
SC
I'm confused. Can't you file maintain the new CIP fields to capture the info? We just converted to JH so any info you have is appreciated.

Return to Top
#137653 - 12/11/03 03:20 AM Re: JHA Silverlake CIP question
BBoyd Offline
Diamond Poster
BBoyd
MI
Well, yes and no. We don't "allow" (read: like) our branches to be doing CIF maintenance, because with Silverlake, they have access to all information on a customer and can change TINs and other info we'd rather they didn't. That being said, if a customer opens a new account, we haven't found a "good" and trackable field that the user (or system) can update that will show us that the customer changed from having no open accounts to having a new one - unless you're aware of one. You and I may be the only Silverlake banks out there, so feel free to PM me your reply.

Return to Top
#137654 - 12/11/03 01:37 PM Re: JHA Silverlake CIP question
Cowboys Fan Offline
Power Poster
SC
We're limiting the amount of maintenance the branches can perform too. Our new account platform system has the CIP verification codes built into it so that they interface over to Silverlake's CIF. Our mortgage platform works the same way. Our platform system for commercial/consumer loans doesn't interface so we (the back room) are going to be inputting these fields when we book the loan.

I've seen several other posters that are on Jack Henry - maybe they've got some more info for us.

Return to Top
#137655 - 07/08/04 03:51 PM Re: JHA Silverlake CIP question
Darty Offline
CT
I use to be on JHA Silverlake, and correct me if I am wrong but during a new account setup aren't you given the option to verify the customer information and change it if wrong?

Another solution would be to have your platform ppl add a new cif record, and your backroom merge the two records together.

Return to Top
#137656 - 07/09/04 08:37 PM Re: JHA Silverlake CIP question
Anonymous
Unregistered

We have our branches maintenance the CIF. We also require the branches to perform an audit/callback on all accounts opened the next day. We also perform an audit in the Operations department. We certainly don't want duplicate CIF numbers on the system.

Return to Top
#137657 - 07/14/04 05:31 PM Re: JHA Silverlake CIP question
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
Branch personnel would maintenance the CIF. Data entry is verified back to source documents in back office using CIF maintenance reports. We run a few days behind to allow receipt of documents at Op Center.

Return to Top
#137658 - 07/16/04 03:29 PM Re: JHA Silverlake CIP question
FrankH Offline
New Poster
My bank is currently utilizing the JHA-Silverlake system. Within JHA we have the ability to risk rate our customers however we have not begun that process. Before implementing a customer risk rating system I would like to know your thoughts, postitive or negative, based upon your experiences.

Return to Top
#137659 - 07/16/04 04:07 PM Re: JHA Silverlake CIP question
BBoyd Offline
Diamond Poster
BBoyd
MI
What we did was to base it upon the customer information given and whether or not the customer was in front of us. For example, a P1 (or B1 for business customers) rating assumes that the customer is sitting in front of us, they have the required information and we have verified it. A P2/B2 would mean the customer wasn't there, but we had the required information and could verify it (perhaps the customer dropped it off, or faxed it), P3/B3 would mean the customer was there, had the required info but it couldn't be verified, and so on....(if you want more specifics, pm me and I'll get something to you). A "5" rating wouldn't necessarily be bad - it would mean that you had nothing and the customer wasn't there. For a business that would probably be suspect, but a P5 for an individual might be for a minor, or legally incapacitated person who has no ID and you never see when opening the account.

Hope that helps.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z