Bankers Threads
Click to return to BOL home page
Banker Store Read A Reg BOL Insiders Career Connect Learning Connect Bankers Information Network

Learn more about

MEMBERS

Have a Question?
Looking for a
Product or
Service?

Our Vendor
Advisory Board

Topic Options
#1385051 - 05/03/10 02:19 PM Assignment of disability insurance
ndca1 Offline

I have seen an assignment of life insurance taken as collateral, but not one on disability insurance. We are proposing to take both disability and life insurance as part of our collateral. With the disability insurance, would the assignment be the same process as life insurance? The insurance company been contacted and they will let us take it as collateral with a form they will be sending us. Is there anything else that we would need to do for this?

Article 9
#1385107 - 05/03/10 03:31 PM Re: Assignment of disability insurance [Re: ndca1]
Happy Birthday HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster

Loc: Oklahoma
I don't think I've ever taken a disability policy. Annuity and Life Insurance, many times. If this were me I would:
1. Require a full copy of the Policy, including the application, and review it very carefully.
2. Carefully review of the assignment form provided by the insurance company for Bank's rights.
3. Run this by legal counsel to make sure the documents are in compliance, perfection is spot on and that there is nothing against this under state law.

#1385220 - 05/03/10 05:16 PM Re: Assignment of disability insurance [Re: HRH Okie Banker]
Skittles Offline
10K Club

Loc: KY
I have seen an assignment of disability taken <years ago> and it was a good thing, too. This customer left a lot of other banks high and dry but the assignment stuck and the bank got repaid.

Moderator:  Andy Z, Sam Ott