Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1387670 - 05/07/10 03:41 PM Tolerance cure on HUD-1A
Sewanee, CRCM Offline
Gold Star
TN
HUD's FAQs have given detailed information on how to list a tolerance cure on a HUD-1 by showing a credit to the customer on Line 204. Does anybody know how to do the same on a HUD-1A? None of the lines in any section allow for a credit to the borrower. I e-mailed the direct question to HUD, and their response was to direct me to the instructions on completing the HUD-1A. Those instructions are silent on the subject.

Is it acceptable to show the tolerance cure as a P.O.C.(L) on the line for the item?

I'm having to re-issue a HUD after closing.

Return to Top
RESPA
#1387719 - 05/07/10 04:14 PM Re: Tolerance cure on HUD-1A Sewanee, CRCM
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
If the out of tolerance was due to one line item and you are applying the cure to that line item then yes you can do as you describe.

However, if you are out of tolerance due to more than one line item where you have to apply the cure to the overall 10% section then you will have to transfer the information to a HUD 1 and issue the credit on page 1 in the 200 series.

Return to Top
#1387733 - 05/07/10 04:24 PM Re: Tolerance cure on HUD-1A Sewanee, CRCM
Mainiac Offline
100 Club
If I could post a related question - can we cure a tolerance issue by applying a principal reduction to the borrower's loan balance?

There is a disclussion in the FAQ for GFE-Block 2 (Item #4) that addresses correction of a Block 2 credit that is reduced at closing because the third-party fees are lower than estimated. If that occurs, banks are responsible for giving the cusotmer the full amount of the credit, even if more than the invoices. that discussion allows the principal reduction to cure, but I don't see any other reference in the tolerance cure section of the April 2, 2010 Q & A on pages 41 - 43. Does the principal reduction cure rule apply to any tolerance exceptions?

Return to Top
#1388101 - 05/07/10 09:08 PM Re: Tolerance cure on HUD-1A Dan Persfull
Sewanee, CRCM Offline
Gold Star
TN
Thanks for the response. This has been my contention, but I've received backlash from the lenders, saying "it can't be done".

Of course, we all know better.

Return to Top
#1388161 - 05/07/10 11:41 PM Re: Tolerance cure on HUD-1A Sewanee, CRCM
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
There are several times when you won't be able to use a HUD-1A even though there is no title transfer. Curing is one of them.

Return to Top
#1388162 - 05/07/10 11:45 PM Re: Tolerance cure on HUD-1A Mainiac
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Quote:
There is a discussion in the FAQ for GFE-Block 2 (Item #4) that addresses correction of a Block 2 credit that is reduced at closing because the third-party fees are lower than estimated. If that occurs, banks are responsible for giving the customer the full amount of the credit, even if more than the invoices. that discussion allows the principal reduction to cure, but I don't see any other reference in the tolerance cure section of the April 2, 2010 Q & A on pages 41 - 43. Does the principal reduction cure rule apply to any tolerance exceptions?

I don't believe so. This FAQ is addressing reducing the credit in Block 2, not curing.

Return to Top

Moderator:  QCL