Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#140277 - 12/17/03 04:09 PM Executive Vice President's Duties
NancyF Offline
100 Club
NancyF
PA

If your bank uses the title "Executive Vice President", what are that individual's duties? Where does the EVP fall in the bank's hierarchy?

Return to Top
Human Resources
#140278 - 12/17/03 04:18 PM Re: Executive Vice President's Duties
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
We have three EVPs: the chief operations officer, the chief financial officer, and the chief lending officer. On the organizational chart, all fall directly below the president/CEO.

Return to Top
#140279 - 12/17/03 04:25 PM Re: Executive Vice President's Duties
Bartman Offline
Diamond Poster
Bartman
Springfield
Our only EVP at my last bank was the chief lending officer, and his title changed from SVP to EVP when they added him to the Board of Directors.

Return to Top
#140280 - 12/17/03 09:54 PM Re: Executive Vice President's Duties
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Some banks have a hierarchy of EVPs, with some being more senior EVPs than others. We have two levels of EVPs. The first tier reports to a more senior level EVP. Then all the top tier EVPs report to the P, who in turn reports to the COB. Of course, you could also include another level and have the P report to a Vice COB or sometimes also know as a Director of a function. Now this only covers the corporate titles as describes in the Articles and Bylaws. Don't get me started on marketing titles because, in our bank, we have at least a half dozen COBs and Ps, because we want different markets to have the biggest sounding title around. Gives the customer the idea they are dealing with the big decision makers.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Gayla Sherry