Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1432535 - 08/21/10 05:47 AM Online Banking System errors
accountlady Offline
New Poster
This question is regarding one of my Husbands bank accounts held at Chase. Recently, we received several email notices that our account was overdrawn. We logged on to our account to find a credit for "refund NSF/Overdraft charges" The amount was shown as a pending credit and it was included in both the Present and the Available Balance. We assumed it was a refund for overdraft fees and nsf fees as we had 19 debit card charges pending. We knew that we were not overdrawn because we had made a "Cash Deposit" 2 days previous that was also shown as pending(but which should have been processed the previous night). Therefore, it was reasonible to believe the credit was in fact accurate, especially, given it was included in the available balance. The following day, our blanace was reduced by the amount of the credit with no reversal or explanation. Is this common ppractice for Chase Bank. I know it is not for BOA. Also, CS explanation was that they were experientcing technical issues and the emails were in error as was the credit. I find this unacceptable. It caused us to assume an inacurrate balance and overdraft two days later.

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1432725 - 08/23/10 04:50 PM Re: Online Banking System errors accountlady
Georgia Plum
Unregistered

I would escalate higher up at Chase. Each bank has their own practices on funds availability. They would be the only ones who could answer your questions/concerns.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z