Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#1480286 - 12/14/10 04:42 PM Re: Christmas Eve--Open for Half Day HR Banker
Bob The Banker Offline
Platinum Poster
Bob The Banker
Yes, it does. This is probably why our bank gives us a floating holiday.

Return to Top
Human Resources
#1480302 - 12/14/10 04:53 PM Re: Christmas Eve--Open for Half Day HR Banker
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted By: ltackett
We are closing all day on the 24th. I checked our state law and found the following:

(1) The first day of January (New Year's Day), Easter Sunday, the last Monday in May (Memorial Day), the fourth day of July (Independence Day), the first Monday in September (Labor Day), the fourth Thursday in November (Thanksgiving Day), and the twenty-fifth day of December (Christmas) of each year are holidays on which banks shall close. If New Year's Day, Independence Day, or Christmas falls on a Saturday or Sunday, either the preceding Friday or the succeeding Monday shall also be observed as a holiday and the offices of banks closed.Doesn't this sound as if we are supposed to take a Fri. or Mon. off when those days fall on Sat. or Sun.?

sounds to me like you must take the day off. Bob the Banker is not going to be pleased smile
Last edited by HappyGilmore; 12/14/10 04:54 PM.

Return to Top
#1480304 - 12/14/10 04:54 PM Re: Christmas Eve--Open for Half Day HR Banker
renniks Offline
Diamond Poster
renniks
New England
We are closing all day on the 24th. I checked our state law and found the following:

(1) The first day of January (New Year's Day), Easter Sunday, the last Monday in May (Memorial Day), the fourth day of July (Independence Day), the first Monday in September (Labor Day), the fourth Thursday in November (Thanksgiving Day), and the twenty-fifth day of December (Christmas) of each year are holidays on which banks shall close. If New Year's Day, Independence Day, or Christmas falls on a Saturday or Sunday, either the preceding Friday or the succeeding Monday shall also be observed as a holiday and the offices of banks closed.

Doesn't this sound as if we are supposed to take a Fri. or Mon. off when those days fall on Sat. or Sun.?

Using that logic, Bank's would be closed on the Monday after Easter. I don't think anyone does that....

Return to Top
#1480329 - 12/14/10 05:14 PM Re: Christmas Eve--Open for Half Day HR Banker
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX

(1) The first day of January (New Year's Day), Easter Sunday, the last Monday in May (Memorial Day), the fourth day of July (Independence Day), the first Monday in September (Labor Day), the fourth Thursday in November (Thanksgiving Day), and the twenty-fifth day of December (Christmas) of each year are holidays on which banks shall close. If New Year's Day, Independence Day, or Christmas falls on a Saturday or Sunday, either the preceding Friday or the succeeding Monday shall also be observed as a holiday and the offices of banks closed.

Doesn't this sound as if we are supposed to take a Fri. or Mon. off when those days fall on Sat. or Sun.?

I would think that you would have to check with the State to see which day they have officially declared.

Return to Top
#1480336 - 12/14/10 05:28 PM Re: Christmas Eve--Open for Half Day HR Banker
MaryRink Offline
Gold Star
Northern MN
In MN, we are allowed to close at noon. We will close at 1pm.

Return to Top
#1480382 - 12/14/10 06:37 PM Re: Christmas Eve--Open for Half Day MaryRink
HR Banker Offline
Diamond Poster
Even though finding that in our state law, many don't do it. We're only closing the 24th because our CEO brought it up. That's not a normal closing for when it falls on Saturday. We do always take the Monday if it falls on Sunday. Any of those three holidays falling on Saturday normally just means the bank is closed that day and nothing extra is taken.

Return to Top
#1480493 - 12/14/10 08:29 PM Re: Christmas Eve--Open for Half Day HR Banker
prettysoon Offline
somewhere over the rainbow.......
We work until 2pm. We'll probably wait on 1 customer, if that. I'd rather have the day off!!!

Return to Top
#1480979 - 12/15/10 05:13 PM Re: Christmas Eve--Open for Half Day prettysoon
chenin Offline
Diamond Poster
chenin
Back office/admin staff are off the 24th and the branches will close 2 hours early.

Return to Top
#1482904 - 12/20/10 06:22 PM Re: Christmas Eve--Open for Half Day chenin
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
How can the back office be off if the branches are open? How will your cash letters, NSF's, stop pays, etc. get processed?

Return to Top
#1482942 - 12/20/10 07:03 PM Re: Christmas Eve--Open for Half Day HR Banker
J2C Offline
Diamond Poster
Big Brother knows and that's a...
We are open, but we close at 3.

Return to Top
#1482957 - 12/20/10 07:19 PM Re: Christmas Eve--Open for Half Day Lestie G
Bob The Banker Offline
Platinum Poster
Bob The Banker
Just like they operate on Saturdays when the office is closed.

Return to Top
#1482969 - 12/20/10 07:32 PM Re: Christmas Eve--Open for Half Day Bob The Banker
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
But Saturday isn't a processing day; Friday 12/24 is. Unless you're running all day Friday 12/24's work on Monday 12/27's date?

Return to Top
#1483254 - 12/21/10 02:33 PM Re: Christmas Eve--Open for Half Day BurntSienna
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted By: Mulberry
But Saturday isn't a processing day; Friday 12/24 is. Unless you're running all day Friday 12/24's work on Monday 12/27's date?

sounds like it isn't a processing day for the banks that closed their back office...

Return to Top
#1483569 - 12/21/10 07:04 PM Re: Christmas Eve--Open for Half Day HappyGilmore
chenin Offline
Diamond Poster
chenin
OK, guess I should have clarified...most back office staff will be off. The critical jobs will be done and those that come in to work, will have another day off in exchange for the 24th.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Gayla Sherry