Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#1532318 - 04/06/11 06:38 PM Re: Servicemember notice - correct language. Reads Regs
Indy Banker Offline
Platinum Poster
Make sure you are sending the notice to all borrowers with loans secured by any 1-4 residential home - regardless of loan purpose and lien position. We were not sending these to our commercial borrowers and were cited by our FDIC examiner because HUD does not exclude business-purpose loans from the notice requirement. For example, a servicemember could have a home in PA but be stationed in Georgia. Many time the servicemember will rent out their residence in their home state and buy another home near their duty station. If the home in PA is secured by a mortgage, the servicemember's rights under the SCRA are to be apply to the house in PA they are renting out as well. Our commercial loan delinquency notices are handled by a different department than our residential loans, so we were not complying with the notice requirement on the commercial side.

Return to Top
Lending to Servicemembers (SCRA, JWNDAA), War, Terrorism
#1532637 - 04/07/11 12:21 PM Re: Servicemember notice - correct language. Indy Banker
MarieR Offline
Platinum Poster
The two forms are different. The pdf has the phone number and the word doc has the website. Are they really ever going to get this right?

Return to Top
#1533611 - 04/08/11 08:55 PM Re: Servicemember notice - correct language. MarieR
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I'm not seeing the form on HUD Clips?

HUD-92068-A Monthly Delinquent Loan Report (10/2006))
HUD-92080 Mortgage Record Change--Multifamily (10/05)
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#1533823 - 04/11/11 02:45 PM Re: Servicemember notice - correct language. Andy_Z
Phoenix Offline
Platinum Poster
Phoenix
southeast
same as of this AM. Andy, is it possible that someone at HUD read this thread and realized that the DOC and PDF versions aren't in sync?

; )

Return to Top
#1534094 - 04/11/11 09:49 PM Re: Servicemember notice - correct language. Phoenix
Reads Regs Offline
Diamond Poster
This page on HUD's website has a link to a PDF version of the notice but it is the one dated 1/11. http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/housing/sfh/nsc/qasscra1

Return to Top
#1534262 - 04/12/11 02:15 PM Re: Servicemember notice - correct language. Reads Regs
Phoenix Offline
Platinum Poster
Phoenix
southeast
what about (found yesterday, after a lot of digging)
http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/documents/huddoc?id=DOC_35467.doc

or is that out of date, too?

Return to Top
#1534769 - 04/13/11 12:55 PM Re: Servicemember notice - correct language. Phoenix
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
What a joke. HUD can't even post a simple one-page form correctly on their web site, and yet they now require regulated, examined institutions to submit a detailed audit report annually to them.

Return to Top
#1534835 - 04/13/11 02:19 PM Re: Servicemember notice - correct language. Sinatra Fan
Phoenix Offline
Platinum Poster
Phoenix
southeast
while you can get to that Word version via the hyperlink, you can not find it if you simply use the search box on hud.gov. Unbelievable.

and, although the Federal Government really pushes www.militaryonesource.com as the single best reference to answer all types of non-combat questions and concerns, it's tough to find a quick, short link to its information on SCRA. : (

Return to Top
#1535682 - 04/14/11 05:11 PM Re: Servicemember notice - correct language. Phoenix
JacksTigger Offline
Gold Star
JacksTigger
lost in compliance land
I know that the HUD SCRA notice is for residential loans.

I've searched and searched, but can't find this.... cry

Is there a required notice that must go out to delinquent borrowers on other consumer purpose loans, like auto loans??

CRCM

Return to Top
#1536021 - 04/15/11 02:16 PM Re: Servicemember notice - correct language. JacksTigger
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I've seen no requirement or suggestions for other loans.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#1536119 - 04/15/11 03:47 PM Re: Servicemember notice - correct language. Andy_Z
JacksTigger Offline
Gold Star
JacksTigger
lost in compliance land
Ok - so it's not required.

Would it be wrong to include a short statement about calling us if you are on active duty on letters to delinquent borrowers for other loans?? confused

We have a affiliate that only has other consumer purpose loans, cars, boats, RV's. Trying to figure out if a statment should/could be on their letters too.

Thoughts???

CRCM

Return to Top
#1537623 - 04/19/11 07:26 PM Re: Servicemember notice - correct language. JacksTigger
Phoenix Offline
Platinum Poster
Phoenix
southeast
[PDF] Servicemembers Civil US Department of Housing Relief Act and Urban ... ... Legal Rights and Protections Under the SCRA Servicemembers ... App. ยงยง 501-596) (SCRA).
Who May Be Entitled to Legal Protections Under the SCRA? ...
portal.hud.gov/idc/groups/chco_admingrp/documents/document/doc_13065.pdf.pdf - 2011-04-03 - Text Version

so - is this the latest, correct link to HUD 92070?

Return to Top
#1538008 - 04/20/11 04:13 PM Re: Servicemember notice - correct language. Phoenix
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Honestly since they posted, revised and pulled, I don't know what HUD would say is the latest. By the date, that wouldn't have been. I don't believe they know at this point.

Jacks, I don't know if MilitaryOnesource would answer questions or assist on non-mortgage debt, if they'd impose a fee or what. I assume (yes, I live dangerously) that OnsSource is a contractor and bills DoD for the records they submit.

Return to Top
#1550041 - 05/12/11 02:57 PM Re: Servicemember notice - correct language. Reads Regs
Ann Offline
Platinum Poster
South Carolina
Apparently it has disappeared again. Does anyone know what is going on and which version we should be using?

Return to Top
#1550648 - 05/12/11 11:00 PM Re: Servicemember notice - correct language. Ann
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
There is no good answer. Personally because you are required to provide a notice, and do not suspect any major errors were evident, I would use the latest we had. I think it is better than nothing. Obviously on the other side of the coin it was pulled for a reason. But at least the notice of free counselling is being sent this way.

As to an official version, currently there isn't one. Whether that is a good reason not to send it as required is any one's call. :p

The shame of it is that it is required and presumably has a purpose, but the message that HUD is sending is that it is of no importance.

Return to Top
#1551021 - 05/13/11 05:18 PM Re: Servicemember notice - correct language. Andy_Z
Indy Banker Offline
Platinum Poster
And I'm sure the person that HUD listed to contact for questions will be extremely pleasant and helpful....

HUD-92070 Servicemembers Civil Relief Act Notice Disclosure
(This particular form is temporarily unavailable at this time. If you have any questions regarding this form, please contact Camille Acevedo at (202) 708-1793 x5132 per the program office contact.)

Return to Top
#1566214 - 06/16/11 10:29 PM Re: Servicemember notice - correct language. Indy Banker
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
HUD has updated the form. I've updated the BOL tool and have a PDF version denoting the differences between the March and June versions. They are signficant. On our Word verion, I corrected a HUD typo.

http://www.bankersonline.com/tools/tools.html

Return to Top
#1566296 - 06/17/11 12:41 PM Re: Servicemember notice - correct language. Andy_Z
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
Thanks, Andy! As nuts as it is trying to keep up with the various iterations of the HUD notice, I can't imagine doing it without BOL's help!!!

Return to Top
#1566332 - 06/17/11 01:20 PM Re: Servicemember notice - correct language. Sinatra Fan
Dave M_TCA Online
Platinum Poster
Dave M_TCA
Wherever my most benevolent em...
Nut's is right Sinatra Fan. Not that I doubt BOL (never!) but I haven't found the revised form on HUDs website. Anyone found it there yet?

Return to Top
#1566333 - 06/17/11 01:29 PM Re: Servicemember notice - correct language. Sinatra Fan
Always In Training Offline
Diamond Poster
Where the Green Grass Grows
RAnt- Our core provider fixed YESTERDAY the previous change. ARGH! End Rant.

Return to Top
#1566394 - 06/17/11 02:15 PM Re: Servicemember notice - correct language. Always In Training
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
There's one other typo in the Word document downloaded from the HUD site. The last paragraph refers to the "Unites States." We're making that change to the BOL Tools version of the document.

"DUH" strikes again.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#1566399 - 06/17/11 02:15 PM Re: Servicemember notice - correct language. Dave M_TCA
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Originally Posted By: Jacob's Dad
Nut's is right Sinatra Fan. Not that I doubt BOL (never!) but I haven't found the revised form on HUDs website. Anyone found it there yet?

Another poster gave us http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/documents/huddoc?id=92070.doc but it has a couple typos.

Return to Top
#1566402 - 06/17/11 02:18 PM Re: Servicemember notice - correct language. Andy_Z
Phoenix Offline
Platinum Poster
Phoenix
southeast
You won't find it if you just search on "SCRA" on the HUD website. Andy's link is best, but - duh.

Return to Top
#1566427 - 06/17/11 02:46 PM Re: Servicemember notice - correct language. Phoenix
Dave M_TCA Online
Platinum Poster
Dave M_TCA
Wherever my most benevolent em...
Thanks guys. It's too bad that HUD doesn't have spell-check on their computers.

Return to Top
#1566951 - 06/20/11 03:24 PM Re: Servicemember notice - correct language. Always In Training
Sewanee, CRCM Offline
Gold Star
TN
Any idea how long we have to start using the new one?

Return to Top
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Andy_Z