Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#156765 - 02/04/04 09:29 PM Sample Privacy Audit Program
Anonymous
Unregistered

Would anyone out there be willing to share a sample of a Privacy audit program for Internal Audit?

Return to Top
Audit
#156766 - 02/05/04 05:51 PM Re: Sample Privacy Audit Program
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can offer you one that combines IT and operations privacy controls...

Return to Top
#156767 - 02/06/04 04:04 PM Re: Sample Privacy Audit Program
Anonymous
Unregistered

That would be great if you could provide me with that - my e-mail address is sgeiger@crownbank.net

Return to Top
#156768 - 02/07/04 05:11 PM Re: Sample Privacy Audit Program
Al Miller Offline
Diamond Poster
Al Miller
Pleasanton CA USA
I would like that as well. My e-mail is alm@bankvisioninc.com

Thanks in advance.

Return to Top
#156769 - 02/09/04 07:45 PM Re: Sample Privacy Audit Program
chuck Offline
chuck
northwest missouri
Could I make that three? I would appreciate one also. Charles Friesz banknw@grm.net Thank you in advance.

Return to Top
#156770 - 02/26/04 03:59 PM Re: Sample Privacy Audit Program
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I haven't heard a response and was wondering if you could still e-mail it to me at sgeiger@crownbank.net?

Return to Top
#156771 - 02/26/04 08:27 PM Re: Sample Privacy Audit Program
Anonymous
Unregistered

Count me in too please - bferguson@amnetmortgage.com

Return to Top
#156772 - 03/01/04 01:15 AM Re: Sample Privacy Audit Program
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would welcome a copy of the privacy audit you mentioned. ses343@aol.com

Many thanks!!

Return to Top
#156773 - 03/01/04 05:52 PM Re: Sample Privacy Audit Program
Sandra1 Offline
New Poster
Arkansas
Please!!!!!send me a copy of that program too.

Return to Top
#156774 - 03/02/04 03:40 PM Re: Sample Privacy Audit Program
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

OK Mr. Anonymous poster with the Privacy Program, where did you go??????

Return to Top
#156775 - 03/02/04 07:07 PM Re: Sample Privacy Audit Program
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
I'm re-posting this from my prior post, prior thread - it provides a good start on your audit program, but your level of exposure needs to be incorporated within the areas to be audited.

Here are 'some' of the issues. Columns are: Item/Issue, Risk (level), Control (to be audited) and a column to note when tested and by who.

Item/Issue Risk Control Testing/Audit/Other
Internal Documents Medium Locked shredding bins in each facility, shredding delivered to bins at the end of each business day. • Tested by______
• On____________
Internal Communications High Are verbal communication activities between employees and employees and customers with the lobby and other public area of the bank conducted in a private manner? • Tested by______
• On____________
Documents on Desks Non-Business Hours Medium All documents to be locked away during non-business hours. • Tested by______
• On____________
Documents on Desks during business hours Medium Customers documents must be kept out of view of other customers during business hours. • Tested by______
• On____________
Visibility of workstation monitors to public Medium All workstations are required to be faced away form the bank lobby (public areas) – any exception is to be documented, subject to board approval. • Tested by______
• On____________
Retirement of equipment (PC’s) Low All hard drives are erased after retirement. • Tested by______
• On____________
Assess to data center High Electronic locks; authorized personnel only. • Tested by______
• On____________
Employee system access levels (primary system) Medium Employee access levels limited by assigned responsibility; Written policy (IS Security) • Tested by______
• On____________
Privacy Notice on Web Site Low Web site periodically reviewed to assure that privacy notice is posted. • Tested by______
• On____________
Hacking and other external threats to network High Firewall; password procedures; various other written policies (IS Security Policy). • Tested by______
• On____________
Information shared internally throughout the bank Medium Information sharing is limited to employees’ need to know. • Tested by______
• On____________
Training High Information Security (Privacy) training at least annually; document attendance and training material. • Tested by______
• On____________
Customer Telephone inquiries High Employees’ required to fully determine the identity of the caller. • Tested by______
• On____________
Bank adds new technology components, products, services High Procedures in place prior to implementation that address privacy issues. • Tested by______
• On____________
Bank adds new vendor High Vendors that require access to customer data must have an acceptable privacy policy in place; retain copy in files. • Tested by______
• On____________
Current vendors High Contracts must include privacy statements (primary DP vendor, ATM vendor, etc.). • Tested by______
• On____________
Annual Privacy Notice Low Annual privacy notice must be forwarded to customers. • Tested by______
• On____________
Privacy notice – new accounts Low All new account customers are given a copy of the bank’s privacy statement. • Tested by______
• On____________
Information Reporting opt-out High If the bank is providing customer information to a vendor other than a credit reporting agency, data processor of the bank, etc., are customers allowed to opt-out when a request is received? • Tested by______
• On____________
Garbage High In the bank’s garbage periodically checked to assure that no customer information, documents or other private data or documents are being placed in the garbage? • Tested by______
• On____________
Web Site E-Mail High Is there a privacy notice posted on the bank’s web site informing customers that email is not a private mode of communications? • Tested by______
• On____________

Return to Top
#156776 - 03/25/04 03:29 PM Re: Sample Privacy Audit Program
AuditNet Offline
New Poster
Virginia
Please do not solicit users for surveys or sales info without BOL managements permission. This is something we allow advertisers to do. If you want to advertise, contact tobi@bankersonline.com.
Last edited by Andy Z; 05/07/12 07:43 PM.
Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z