Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#157329 - 02/05/04 08:21 PM Flowchart
SouthernComfort Offline
Platinum Poster
Southern Illinois, USA
I need to do a flowchart for Real Estate, Consumer and Commercial Loans from Application to Closing. Would anyone have anything they could share with me. I would really appreciate it.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#157330 - 02/05/04 09:27 PM Re: Flowchart
Rocky P Online
Power Poster
Florida
Flowcharts are usually very unique to your own processing, policies and procedures. It will vary by the number of employees, and their specific functions.

Unless you are more specific, it would be a challenge or very voluminous to provide. An ex-bank had a detailed flowchart for residential real estate that was 38 pages long, and including detailed interviewing took close to a month to create.

Return to Top
#157331 - 02/05/04 09:32 PM Re: Flowchart
OnTheEdge Offline
Diamond Poster
SmallTown, USA
Probably not exactly what you are looking for, but www.kirchman.com has a great Disclosure Quick Reference Guide for 1-4 residential. Although it's relatively short, I've found it very useful. Additionally, www.bankerscompliance.com has a good source real estate matrix. Unfortunately, I've never seen any such material that can cover every single type of transaction that might occur. (Or maybe I mean fortunately!)

Return to Top
#157332 - 02/05/04 09:35 PM Re: Flowchart
Rocky P Online
Power Poster
Florida
I may have misunderstood what you were looking for. Were you looking for a work-process flowchart or a compliance matrix indicating what disclosure you needed, and when?

If it was compliance, sorry - see the previous post on Kirchman.

Return to Top
#157333 - 02/06/04 02:31 PM Re: Flowchart
Suwannee Offline
Platinum Poster
Suwannee
Florida
Since procedures and workflow change with the times, on an annual basis, we have outings for the weekend where we review and change our procedures and workflow. Usually we have the Vice Presidents in the mortgage area, along with a top processor, a closer, a systems person, a compliance person, a trainer, and a mortgage originator. Sometimes we go to a Bed and Breakfast type of place. We have even gone to Callaway Gardens and also to Destin, FL. We begin working around 9:00 and finish up around 4:30-5:00. Then we go to dinner and the rest of the evening is ours. We have found these outings to be very productive, as we are taken totally away from the workplace. Doing it this way gets input from all of the affected areas, not from just one person's point of view.

Return to Top
#157334 - 02/06/04 09:16 PM Re: Flowchart
SouthernComfort Offline
Platinum Poster
Southern Illinois, USA
I was looking for a way to structure how loans were done from inception to closing. Something a loan officer could look at and follow the steps and who would be responsible for each step. I know this isn't very clear, but I don't really know exactly what I need either. Sorry for the confusion.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z