Click to return to BOL home page
Banker Store Read A Reg BOL Insiders Career Connect Learning Connect Bankers Information Network

January 6, 2015
Business Accounts Documentation and Procedures with Beneficial Ownership
Deborah Crawford

January 6, 2015
FFIEC Cybersecurity Initiatives and Observations from the 2014 Assessments
Susan Orr

January 15, 2015
The ABC's of IRAs - The Basic Ingredients
Patrice Konarik

January 20, 2015
B & Z Appraisal Rules - Getting Them Right
Jack Holzknecht

January 21, 2015
HMDA Soup to Nuts
David Dickinson

January 22, 2015
Navigating the Treacherous Waters of IRA Rollovers, Transfers and Beneficiary Payouts
Patrice Konarik

January 28, 2015
Mortgage Life Cycle
Part I
David Dickinson and Jerod Moyer

Topic Options
#1600663 - 09/07/11 03:31 PM Monetary Instrument Log over $3000
Newly Southerner Offline
100 Club

I monitor our MIL every week. How often should my BSA Officer review the MIL. And instead of me giving her thousands of pages of the report can I break down the information for her to review and initial. And if I can break down the information what information should I provide her?

BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC
#1600700 - 09/07/11 04:12 PM Re: Monetary Instrument Log over $3000 [Re: Newly Southerner]
AFaquir Offline
Platinum Poster

Loc: Top of the world... and never ...
I would say if you aren't giving her "just the facts" you aren't being all that effective.

My BSA assistant does 75% of my heavy lifting. I trust my asssitant, but at the end of the day I am responsible so sometimes I do ask for the "full report" not just the highlights. However most of the time I only want the "interesting" stuff.

As far as what you want to provide from the MIL list, we look at trends... I use what I call the rolling 3 report. People who show up multiple times a week on the MIL over a rolling 3 month period. Sometimes people are on it all the time, sometimes just once and then fall right off. This way I can get an idea of what is going on in the bank, without having to consider everything that pops up every month.

Cheers!

MBA Fin/MBS HR

My views only!

Moderator:  Andy Z, Ken_Pegasus