Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#162175 - 02/20/04 05:07 PM Flood determination
Anonymous
Unregistered

At this time our bank does a flood determination thru a third party vendor on all mortgage loan before funds are disbursed if at anytime the flood areas change and our loan becomes part of a flood area they are going to notify us... My question is if we rewrite the same mortgage loan two years down the road will be have to do another flood determination at that time? also if it is a Construction loan do we have to do another determination after the construction period?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#162176 - 02/20/04 05:29 PM Re: Flood determination
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
You should check with your vendor, as apparently you have life of loan coverage, however just relating to the law itself...if no map changes have occurred, you can use the same SHFD for a period of 7 years.

Also, you say you do your determination "prior to disbursing"...depending on your processing time...you should be obtaining that SHFD withing a reasonable time...purported to be at least 10 days prior to closing.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#162177 - 02/20/04 05:45 PM Re: Flood determination
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
To add to Suzy's comments. Some vendors base their life of loan coverage (for the bank's purpose) on the address and others will require you to submit a "loan number" and they track the loan number. When you renew/refinance the loan and you want to continue your life of loan coverage you will need to consult your contract with the vendor to see what they require. If you do not care abot the life of loan coverage then you can use the existing determination as long as it is less than 7 years old, on the SFHDF and there are no changes in the flood map.

If you do a FZD on a construction loan, you should not have to redo the certification when you convert to permanent. But again this could depend on how your vendor contract.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z