Bankers Threads
Click to return to BOL home page
Banker Store Read A Reg BOL Insiders Career Connect Learning Connect Bankers Information Network

Learn more about

MEMBERS

Have a Question?
Looking for a
Product or
Service?

Our Vendor
Advisory Board

IMPORTANT!
BankersOnline SURVEY
Today only - a quick 33 questions
We need your input. We are deploying a survey today that asks 33 questions about how your institution is dealing with the impact of the lending compliance regulations that took effect in January, 2014. We're taking a snapshot in time. The survey, which is anonymous, will only be available for 24 hours. We are asking for the participation of every financial institution that uses BankersOnline. [One survey per institution, please.] Help us capture an accurate picture of where we are with lending compliance right now. We estimate you should be able to complete the survey in about 10 minutes depending on how familiar you are with your bank's products and history. Most questions are multiple choice with the last two asking for a short narrative. We appreciate your feedback.
Click NOW to complete the survey.

Topic Options
#1651733 - 01/17/12 02:21 PM Tribal ID Cards as a primary ID for CIP
~moo~ Offline
Power Poster

Dear New Mexico Bankers,

Do you accept Tribal ID Cards as a primary ID for CIP?

(Yes, I realize that our acceptace is up to our CIP Policy - I'd like to know if other banks find them to be acceptable )

Thanks so much,

~moo~

#1651765 - 01/17/12 02:59 PM Re: Tribal ID Cards as a primary ID for CIP [Re: ~moo~]
Lestie G Online

Power Poster

Loc: Near the Land of Enchantment
I guess I'm not technically a NM banker anymore, but I was for a long, long time! smile

We don't have that in our policy, just because it's not a common form of ID in our markets, but I would have no problems accepting them as primary ID, as long as they have a picture. Government issued, picture ID is always good!

#1651776 - 01/17/12 02:54 PM Re: Tribal ID Cards as a primary ID for CIP [Re: ~moo~]
Doug Hendrickson Online
Power Poster

Loc: NE New Mexico
It's not a common form of ID in our markets, but like Leslie I would have no problems accepting them a primary ID as long as they have a picture and don't appear to have been tampered with. I'm not sure if they have any security features built-in such as a watermark or hologram.

#1652152 - 01/18/12 11:59 AM Re: Tribal ID Cards as a primary ID for CIP [Re: ~moo~]
Suzette Offline

Loc: Land of Enchantment
Same here, it's not a common form of ID that we see down here in the sw corner, but I wouldn't have any problem accepting them.

#1652295 - 01/18/12 02:28 PM Re: Tribal ID Cards as a primary ID for CIP [Re: ~moo~]
Jenifa, CRCM Online
100 Club

Loc: USA!
While we don't specifically state in our procedures "tribal ID Cards" we would accept them.

Here's an article from ABQ Journal
http://www.abqjournal.com/main/2011/11/02/abqnewsseeker/navajo-nation-to-issue-id-cards.html

#1652578 - 01/19/12 08:05 AM Re: Tribal ID Cards as a primary ID for CIP [Re: ~moo~]
~moo~ Offline
Power Poster

Thanks y'all!

#1652579 - 01/19/12 08:05 AM Re: Tribal ID Cards as a primary ID for CIP [Re: ~moo~]
~moo~ Offline
Power Poster

Let me ask y'all another question....is it common for a Native American to only have a tribal ID for identification? Wouldn't they have a state issued ID or drivers license too?