Thread Options
#1668648 - 02/23/12 12:30 PM Re: Apple Friend and a Project Sound Tactic
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Originally Posted By: Moderate
Originally Posted By: Sox Choked in 11
Be careful TexMex. Shemp has declared that Apple is foolish for being different, especially since he has a hard time using the product.

Well if you would have bothered to read other posts, you would see that other people have also come to this conclusion. Actually if you would have read my first post the same logic could be extrapolated.

But my logic has nothing to do with anything other than their consumer operating system. I realize that it is just easier to paint everything I say with a broad brush. That way, you really don't have to think about it. PM me if you need me walk you through this one.

You are the only one who decided to start ANOTHER thread to declare how Apple is off its rocker. Did Steve Jobs bully you in grade school?

Return to Top
#1668674 - 02/23/12 01:39 PM Re: Apple Friend and a Project Sound Tactic
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Oh yes, I am the only one who has made an apple thread. Maybe you should go back through BOL and look how many we have now.

No loan this month?

Return to Top
#1668677 - 02/23/12 01:55 PM Re: Apple Friend and a Project Sound Tactic
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
No-read my post..you are the only one to start another thread about how Apple is crazy for being different and how their product is difficult to use. PM me if you need me to walk you through this.

Return to Top
#1668687 - 02/23/12 01:53 PM Re: Apple Friend and a Project Sound Tactic
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Read the thread again, the only person who used the term Crazy was Cheshire Cat. Making a differentiated product is a bad idea. I do not know if I would use the term crazy, nor did I ever mention Steve Jobs. PM me if you need help with this.

Return to Top
#1668688 - 02/23/12 01:54 PM Re: Apple Friend and a Project TB 12
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
No-read my post..you are the only one to start another thread about how Apple is crazy for being different and how their product is difficult to use. PM me if you need me to walk you through this.

Although I disagree with Mod and think that there are good reasons for 3 good OS. I re-read the first post of this thread and came to the conclusion that "Why Mac and not windows? Because Windows owns the OS market." does not appear to be stating that "Apple is crazy for being different" but stating that the differences could be at best not consumer friendly (possibly requiring regulatory action added to add levity).

PS The Patirots lost and their is a good chance that sox will not make the playoffs again laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#1668690 - 02/23/12 01:55 PM Re: Apple Friend and a Project edAudit
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: EdAudit

Although I disagree with Mod and think that there are good reasons for 3 good OS. I re-read the first post of this thread and came to the conclusion that "Why Mac and not windows? Because Windows owns the OS market." does not appear to be stating that "Apple is crazy for being different" but stating that the differences could be at best not consumer friendly (possibly requiring regulatory action added to add levity).

PS The Patirots lost and their is a good chance that sox will not make the playoffs again laugh

I agree Ed. This thread may be too difficult.

See the premise of the whole thread had nothing to do with one vs another more than it did the fact that society is not able to use both products effectively. The only reason I do not throw Microsoft the culprit label is they already had a lock on the market.

But yeah, not just picking on Apple. I can see how some might have missed this. My first posts even have the caveat that I am not trying to bash Apple products. I see how it is easy to miss.... you know, when it is in print.

Quote:
Please note: I am not bashing all apple products. From what I have seen they make great phones and paper weights (jk smile ) but when it comes to computer and laptop operating systems, their attempts to differentiate have actually caused harm.
Last edited by Moderate; 02/23/12 01:59 PM.

Return to Top
#1668704 - 02/23/12 02:19 PM Re: Apple Friend and a Project Sound Tactic
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Mod opined in a prior thread that Apple missed the boat in the PC market because they are different and too difficult to use, even for someone with his expertise (forgive me for not remembering the list of courses/certificates/achievements he stated he has obtained).

Why should mac change their system to be more like windows? Because Mod can't figure out how to use it? My sisters family all use mac and apple products...they are happy with them..and believe it or not, my sister can even use PC/Microsoft products... shocked

And you'd be proud of me mod--that one loan I originated in July just closed.. drinks are on me!

Return to Top
#1668707 - 02/23/12 02:21 PM Re: Apple Friend and a Project Sound Tactic
doobydoobydoo Offline
Power Poster
doobydoobydoo
Basking in the Cool Weather
Love apple

also - making a differentiated product seems to be working out very well for them.

Mac sales continue to be on the rise - as of course ipod, pad sales are as well

Return to Top
#1668710 - 02/23/12 02:11 PM Re: Apple Friend and a Project Sound Tactic
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Well Sox this is not a prior thread. This is this thread. If you want to start a new thread feel free to do so. Maybe you should check out Andy's rules and you can see what you are supposed to do.

I really don't care about your sisters. We have several people in this thread who cannot use both products the same.

I don't know much about your sisters but on Microsoft products I have hand built two gaming rigs. Done programming. Run my own crack versions of windows. Run my own windows, have my own network etc. Thus, I know how to use Windows better than the average user. And Apple has differentiated itself to the point that I am not interested in learning Apple to the extent I know windows.

I realize that you are taking this valid argument as an opportunity to insult me. I am not going to take the bait. I have offered three opportunities for you to engage with me in a PM. In a pm, you are free to express your worthless opinion of me in whatever form you want without punishment. So feel free. You can also school me on how you use Apple products to check the internet and make word files. Sorry, I use PCs for more than that.

Return to Top
#1668711 - 02/23/12 02:12 PM Re: Apple Friend and a Project doobydoobydoo
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: KingOfCarnival
Love apple

also - making a differentiated product seems to be working out very well for them.

Not on their OS.

Return to Top
#1668712 - 02/23/12 02:25 PM Re: Apple Friend and a Project Sound Tactic
CheshireAliCat Offline
100 Club
NJ
I don't think anyone is suggesting that either of these systems change to be more like the other. The basic premise is that is Apple licensed their software than more companies would be able to make more products compatible with it. I agree with that, although I understand why Apple believes in their proprietary philosophy, even if I don't agree 100%.

I actually find that Windows/Microsoft software is getting more and more like Mac software as they update their products.

and full disclosure - many things make me "crazy," but noone's hauling me off in a white coat. Yet.

Return to Top
#1668714 - 02/23/12 02:14 PM Re: Apple Friend and a Project CheshireAliCat
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: CheshireAliCat
I don't think anyone is suggesting that either of these systems change to be more like the other. The basic premise is that is Apple licensed their software than more companies would be able to make more products compatible with it. I agree with that, although I understand why Apple believes in their proprietary philosophy, even if I don't agree 100%.

I actually find that Windows/Microsoft software is getting more and more like Mac software as they update their products.

and full disclosure - many things make me "crazy," but noone's hauling me off in a white coat. Yet.

Thanks Cheshire. I do not know why this logic is so difficult for them... unless they are just trolling.

Return to Top
#1668717 - 02/23/12 02:15 PM Re: Apple Friend and a Project doobydoobydoo
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: KingOfCarnival
Love apple

Unfortunatly for Apple the iPad is putting a hit into the ibook market.

FWIW I like some apple products (including OS X) My main issue with them is the price of the machines i3 laptops costing as much as a i7 based windows machine.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1668720 - 02/23/12 02:16 PM Re: Apple Friend and a Project Sound Tactic
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Not only that but at $700 for an I7 you get a very, very fast processor, an excellent OS and a laptop that gaming worthy (although your best bet is the the desktop if you a going to get worthwhile fps on graphics intensive games).

Return to Top
#1668722 - 02/23/12 02:32 PM Re: Apple Friend and a Project Sound Tactic
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Mods own words from the original post:

I contend that there really is an issue and Mac should do their best to try to make their system more like windows.

Return to Top
#1668727 - 02/23/12 02:36 PM Re: Apple Friend and a Project Sound Tactic
doobydoobydoo Offline
Power Poster
doobydoobydoo
Basking in the Cool Weather
Originally Posted By: CheshireAliCat
The basic premise is that is Apple licensed their software than more companies would be able to make more products compatible with it.

Thanks Cheshire. I do not know why this logic is so difficult for them... unless they are just trolling.

While I suppose conventional wisdom would suggest that this would be better from a business standpoint, I would attempt to disagree.

Take for example this set of software specifically designed for this hardware... with the knowledge that virtually no change to the hardware will occur(outside of memory or storage). I think an engineer would be able to craft an exceptionally efficient and more robust piece of software knowing that it will only have to deal with certain video cards, processors, etc...

I unfortunately cannot quote specifics at this moment, but seem to remember reading a benchmarking test that suggested that either the ipad or ipad 2 ran much better than other tablets with "better"(read faster) hardware.

I think at this point, that makes better business sense, because now as a customer, I am not reading 2.2gHZ quad core vs. 2.4gHZ dual core(whats the freaking difference?) but I know that a certain set of software will run great on this machine.

Hope that came out as clear asI intended.

Return to Top
#1668728 - 02/23/12 02:23 PM Re: Apple Friend and a Project TB 12
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
I some ways they should. I can run os x on an 11 year old laptop try to run windows 7 on a 5 year old laptop without serious updates of the hardware.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1668730 - 02/23/12 02:25 PM Re: Apple Friend and a Project doobydoobydoo
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
I actualy agree with King of DDD on this one.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1668787 - 02/23/12 03:21 PM Re: Apple Friend and a Project TB 12
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Mods own words from the original post:

I contend that there really is an issue and Mac should do their best to try to make their system more like windows.

Which was not the point you were contending. Good try though. I noticed that my pm light is not blinking. I have offered several times to prevent you from trolling any further.

Since you just use pcs to check facebook and look at pictures let me show you how it is done. At the top of the forum screen there is a menu. Not the website menu but the forum menu. I am not sure how long this will take you to do but once you get past that there is a user menu. It reads Forum List. My Stuff, etc. Click on My Stuff. It will bring up a drop down menu. You may not be familiar with the drop down menus if you just look at internet pictures but click on messages.

At the top of the user messages menu there will be a bold black phrase "New Private Message". Click on that. Now, in order to use this function properly you have to send it to someone. Type my name in to the right of "ad recipient". That should generate the pm. There will be a bigger box below. You can type in that. I will get to see what you type.

Now I realize that you want to troll me all day but I have work to do. I may not be able to get to this until later. Don't sit at your computer hitting refresh every fifteen seconds. Go grab a snack, relax, and watch some cartoons. You can even play with your toys as long as you put them back in the box.

Return to Top
#1668817 - 02/23/12 03:46 PM Re: Apple Friend and a Project Sound Tactic
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
And there it is...you are called to the carpet and you resort to irrelevant, condescending comments. Typical. You sure you aren't a politician?

Return to Top
#1668827 - 02/23/12 03:39 PM Re: Apple Friend and a Project Sound Tactic
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
How is that calling me to the carpet. Here is your original post:

Quote:
Be careful TexMex. Shemp has declared that Apple is foolish for being different, especially since he has a hard time using the product.

Now you have changed the argument to that I said:

Quote:

Seems like one is trolling and one is restating my argument. If that is what you call "calling someone to the carpet", then I hate to see what you are like when "giving someone the business".

Good try though. For some reason my pm light is still not blinking. Perhaps you would, at a minimum, want to show maturity and take the debate there. Since it seems like you are just trolling.

Return to Top
#1668829 - 02/23/12 03:40 PM Re: Apple Friend and a Project Sound Tactic
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
***Warning***

You all know what you're doing wrong.

So stop or kiss this thread goodbye.

Your choice.

Return to Top
#1668878 - 02/23/12 04:15 PM Re: Apple Friend and a Project Sound Tactic
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Besides, today is Thursday, and the rules state that Wednesday is bash Shemp Day.

Return to Top
#1668897 - 02/23/12 04:32 PM Re: Apple Friend and a Project Sound Tactic
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
As I understand this, Moderate is contending that the way that Apple has made their operating system different from Windows has made him decide it is not a worthwhile effort for him to learn this new operating system, but if it were more similar to Windows he would learn it.

Also, Dip started a thread recently about Apple Iphones and her frustration with this product.

Now, Moderate is clearly an old, set in his way, stodgy banker, while we all know Dip is young, hip, and with it. And, we also know, because the media tells us, that all young, hip, and with it people use the iphones for the status and because they are much more savvy than the old, stodgy bankers. But, how can that be? Dip has clearly had some issues. Moderate clearly could make the effort but chooses not to. Sox knows someone that can use both. I've used both and like one for desktop publishing but the other for everything else.

Is it possible that everyone could be correct? Wow, what a revelation.

Return to Top
#1668908 - 02/23/12 04:44 PM Re: Apple Friend and a Project HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
I can almost follow your logic but stated in the thread is that Pale is happy with some Apple products. I have never met Mr Pale but from prior post he appears to be some what older than Moderate and posibly less hip than Dip. So now I am confused.

I understand the whole Apple/Windows issue but are you claiming that Mr. Pale is actually young and hip? smile

Note the smilley as to not state that there may or may not be an issue with one of the mods age and hipness.

CAMS

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett